Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2016 Santorini Black TD4 HSE Dynamic Lux 5DR Auto
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

New here and hoping you lovely people can help after i unwittingly seem to have bought a lemon.
Love the look and feel of our 2016 5DR HSE Dynamic Lux but can help but be disappointed with the gremlins it seems to have.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help and advice offered and hopefully speak to you all soon

Luke.

Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
Hi Luke,
be great to post an intro post with some details and then maybe set out what the problem is. We are enthusiasts, not JLR help desk but do get a few folk who join just because they have an issue, expect help from everyone then are never seen again.

Registered
2016 Santorini Black TD4 HSE Dynamic Lux 5DR Auto
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apologies it was not my intention to offend. I just wanted to be honest on why I joined.
I have been browsing the help sections and know that you are a clued up bunch.
I have always loved cars and have had many different makes and been part of other forums. As i said, we love the look and ride of the Evoque but have been really struggling to give it 100% due to niggles with it from the off.
Evoque ownership is new to me and was looking for reassurance that things can get sorted without it costing me the absolute earth. Again, apologies if this came across the wrong way.

Luke

Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto Yulong White Black Pack Few Subtle Mods
Hi Luke
Welcome to the EOC and Evoque ownership.
As @Binty says plenty of peeps are very knowledgeable and can offer advice etc however in both your posts you mention niggles and gremlins but dont mention what they are.
If peeps know what issues you are having etc you could get pointed in the right direction or a direct response saying that it's always great for members like yourself who ask for advice etc to come back and hang around with updates on what's been answered for you and not disappear into oblivion like so many others have done.
That as you would expect get peeps backs up whom go out their way to search find and hopefully resolve issues and that's probably the last post.

Good luck going forward with your Evoque it's a great all rounder 馃槉馃槉

Super Moderator
Hi & welcome to the club. They are great motors (I鈥檝e owned 2, (1 of which was a Lux 鈥17 model). Perhaps if you were to give us an idea of the problems then like Gtiaps said, we could possibly help or point you in the right direction. Firstly was it a main dealer purchase and did it come with any sort of warranty? Did you test drive before purchase and notice any niggles and point them out to the sales person, dealer or private seller? This could help if you mentioned them on the test drive.

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
Hi and welcome. Hopefully the gremlins get sorted.

Administrator
Hi and Welcome, Looks good on the outside, as I'm sure it does on the inside, What Gremlins do you have?

Registered
1st edition Seoul pearl silver 20 inch wheels, pan roof. roof.
There's a great piece on you tube on how to BUY a car. Simply type in HIGHPEAK AUTOS and take the advice on board you will be surprised at what you don't Know.

Registered
2014 Evoque Dynamic 190 Auto
What sort of mileage does it have? Surprised that a 16 reg would have a lot of issues, particularly as it appears to be an outwardly well looked after vehicle. Doubtless you'll find answers to most of your questions in the wealth of info here on the EOC forums.

Registered
2013 L538 2.2 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
Welcome to the EOC :unsure:

I think that we have to guess what鈥檚 is wrong with the lovely looking OP Evoque.
I鈥檒l start:
  • Failed door locks
  • Oil dilution / service required too soon
  • Needs a new battery
  • Steering rack bolts broken
  • EGR Valve
  • Fuel tank shields gone rusty
  • Haldex needs a service
That鈥檚 all I can think of, Any of those ?

Registered
21MY D165SE in Fuji White with Cloud interior

I think that we have to guess what鈥檚 is wrong with the lovely looking OP Evoque.
I鈥檒l start:
  • Failed door locks
  • Needs a new battery
  • EGR Valve
  • Haldex needs a service
Better descriptions of the problems are needed e.g.

I鈥檒l start:
  • Failed door locks
  • Needs a new battery
  • EGR Valve
  • Haldex needs a service
Wow, some of those are really worrying - "steering rack bolts broken"....how does that happen without the driver noticing !:)

Super Moderator
Better descriptions of the problems are needed e.g.

Wow, some of those are really worrying - "steering rack bolts broken"....how does that happen without the driver noticing !:)
You're OK with a MY22. it inly affects earlier cars. Pre 17 I think.

Registered
21MY D165SE in Fuji White with Cloud interior
You're OK with a MY22. it inly affects earlier cars. Pre 17 I think.
I was thinking more about how one could buy a car without noticing broken steering rack bolts... The OP needs to provide information on specific problems rather than the rest of us hypothesising. The car is six years old, some parts could be wearing out and if the service record is incomplete ....

Registered
The op hasn't given us any details of the faults despite being asked, personally I think it's a wind up

Reactions: Evee

Super Moderator
I was thinking more about how one could buy a car without noticing broken steering rack bolts... The OP needs to provide information on specific problems rather than the rest of us hypothesising. The car is six years old, some parts could be wearing out and if the service record is incomplete ....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts