Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have always been disappointed with the pathetic excuse for a boot light and even after upgrading it to a brighter LED it still didn't light the boot area very well. I also have a boot liner (for my dogs) which tends to flop over the existing light so I had to find a better solution.
So I found some cheap and nasty Chinese LED DRLs in my junk box and extended the existing wiring to each side of the boot area, sticking the LED strips to the plastic frame that supports the luggage cover.

The whole mod took me about half an hour and I am really chuffed with the result.I have now got a well lit boot with no dark areas at all :cool::cool:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Hope you sterilised those lights prior to fitting ...youre Dog looks nice and comfy though

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have always been disappointed with the pathetic excuse for a boot light and even after upgrading it to a brighter LED it still didn't light the boot area very well. I also have a boot liner (for my dogs) which tends to flop over the existing light so I had to find a better solution.
So I found some cheap and nasty Chinese LED DRLs in my junk box and extended the existing wiring to each side of the boot area, sticking the LED strips to the plastic frame that supports the luggage cover.

View attachment 4659
View attachment 4779
View attachment 4780

The whole mod took me about half an hour and I am really chuffed with the result.I have now got a well lit boot with no dark areas at all :cool::cool:
Nice one. Do you have photos of the wiring?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing to show really - I simply extended the existing boot light (+12v & Earth) and tucked it into the void under the seats and then up to the sides to the LED strips.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nothing to show really - I simply extended the existing boot light (+12v & Earth) and tucked it into the void under the seats and then up to the sides to the LED strips.
Thanks. Does Evoque come with canbus error checking thing?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can bus doesn't usually apply to circuits like internal lights so there won't be a problem

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Wow there bright .... hope you bought your dog some Ray-bans..... be careful opening you’re boot in car parks kids will form a queue thinking it’s a ice cream van..... just make sure your music is low before you open the boot 😂😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,884 Posts
Great idea and great job RM.

The boot light really is pi$$ poor, so this is a really simple fix. Well done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts