Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we’ve had our evoque now for a few months and after an initial problem with the cars filter, which was quickly sorted by the garage, we are loving the car. The handling and performance are brilliant and the whole family feel comfortable.
We are a family of four, me, my wife and two boys, 11 and 7. Both boys are mad keen on sport, both play football, rugby,love mountain biking, kickboxing and motorcross. Although I’m mad keen and participate in sports myself, it’s hard to keep the car clean and protect it from the boots, trainers, muddy equipment and mostly the dirty kids! The problem was becoming a bit of a head ache as I was constantly cleaning and worried about how dirty and damaged the car was getting. My first solution was to put some dust sheets in there to tackle the problem, however they looked a mess, constantly became tangled up, not to mention my wife being reluctant to put them in the washing machine afterwards! After looking on the internet and reading many reviews I came across a website for smoothskins.co.uk. These guys custom make boot, footwell mats and more to suit any car, Jeep or van. After reading the reviews I enquired about the price and seemed reasonable so decided to go for it. Contact with the company was great and easy. The had a choice of designs and colours and once we had agreed on what we required, the service was prompt and quick. We received our mats in the time stated and we couldn’t of been more happy. The mats are quality. They look great, they are really well designed and they can easily be removed to allow for cleaning and with a few wipes they are good to go back in and they really give the car a quality finish. The major plus point is that I can now allow the boys to throw their gear into the boot and get in with their muddy feet without me worrying about the damage and cleanliness of the car. The quality and finish of the mats are excellent and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend these to put a finish and protection on the car we love. Hope this helps people with same concerns.
many thanks www.smoothskins.co.uk

·
Registered
136 Posts
That looks lovely - any shots of the footwells?
Also, does the boot liner go into the contours around the boot light?

·
Super Moderator
2,411 Posts
Smooth skins did set an account up here, and someone posted a pic of theirs with red/black liners fitted, generally got the thumbs down, looked like an Asian Taxi.

Still least it wasnt a boring German Taxi... oh Maffys back, shush!.

Black looks a bit better if functional for your purpose and cleanable.

·
Registered
602 Posts
If you don't like the quilted look then have a look at Hatchbag.
Boot Covers | Car Boot Protectors & Mats For Dogs | Hatchbag
I've had several over the years in different cars including one in my 2012 Evoque and they are very good.
Wipe clean and fully waterproof.
Cut outs for boot lights are built in and many additional options.
They also cover the "Mk2" as well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It’s the same as everything I suppose. If you like it, buy it. It’s not really for anyone else to tell you it’s no good. Personally, I wouldn’t have it in my car, but if the OP likes it, good for him.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,071 Posts
I think it looks good. I didn't like the black one with red stitching but if everybody liked the same things it would be a strange world.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks lovely - any shots of the footwells?
Also, does the boot liner go into the contours around the boot light?

Couple of shots of the footwell mats. They hook in and mould around to the shape. Easy to take out and as a bucket design they collect the mud etc and can be wiped and put back in. There are different colours available but we liked the plain look of these and are very happy with the quality. Quite thick and hopefully they will be hard wearing. Thanks

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Smooth skins did set an account up here, and someone posted a pic of theirs with red/black liners fitted, generally got the thumbs down, looked like an Asian Taxi.

Still least it wasnt a boring German Taxi... oh Maffys back, shush!.

Black looks a bit better if functional for your purpose and cleanable.
Phil I remember the post well, the mats were yuck but then they were from china, here's the post

·
Registered
136 Posts
Loving the boot area but for me, the front mats are too far out of my comfort zone - The practical aspect is fine (keeps all the crud in one place) but I can see the edges of the 'buckets' looking quite tatty once they have been flattened by careless feet tripping over them.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,626 Posts
Phil I remember the post well, the mats were yuck but then they were from china, here's the post

FWIW That was an earlier thread, Smoothskins turned up later and soon disappeared...
I'm not sure if he was a 'real' Evoque fan or just a spammer!

I asked him about his Evoque spec and he replied "outside of vehicle is normal Black enhanced finish"
He got on well with Donna though :whistle:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 4785 View attachment 4786
Couple of shots of the footwell mats. They hook in and mould around to the shape. Easy to take out and as a bucket design they collect the mud etc and can be wiped and put back in. There are different colours available but we liked the plain look of these and are very happy with the quality. Quite thick and hopefully they will be hard wearing. Thanks

FWIW That was an earlier thread, Smoothskins turned up later and soon disappeared...
I'm not sure if he was a 'real' Evoque fan or just a spammer!

I asked him about his Evoque spec and he replied "outside of vehicle is normal Black enhanced finish"
He got on well with Donna though :whistle:
These mats are certainly not from China! Lol Great quality and for us they are ideal. I was only posting a recommendation of what we have found and obviously everyone has their own opinion but all I can say is we are over the moon with the mats and the quality. They have moulded to the boot and the foot wells after use and now sit more flush. I’ll post again in a few months as to their durability. For me again, great mats, great service and good choice of designs. Again I hope this helps people.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
No I wasn't implying YOUR mats were from China but the ones in my link to the old thread are, Philskil referenced a previous thread about posh quilted black with red stitching floor mats which and I knew exactly which ones he meant, it appears the poster 'Scarlet Fever' was duped into thinking the mats were executive in quality, the pictures of them fitted showed that they were far from executive. Yours although still not my cup of tea look far far better quality than the cheap Chinese ones advertised on dhgate in that link

Hope this clarifies things 👍

·
Registered
9,667 Posts
Back peddles like a Pro!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I wasn't implying YOUR mats were from China but the ones in my link to the old thread are, Philskil referenced a previous thread about posh quilted black with red stitching floor mats which and I knew exactly which ones he meant, it appears the poster 'Scarlet Fever' was duped into thinking the mats were executive in quality, the pictures of them fitted showed that they were far from executive. Yours although still not my cup of tea look far far better quality than the cheap Chinese ones advertised on dhgate in that link

Hope this clarifies things 👍
Ah ok. No problem. Like i say just trying to make a recommendation. We’ve found them great. 👍🏻

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
No back peddling needed although working for BT you'd think I was a master at it!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Land Rover and mud go together. I think the boot liner looks great. Just the job. If I didn’t have my dog cage in the back I’d be having one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts