Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of info incase you find you cannot lock your Evoque after having opened/closed the bonnet. Quite alien to me is having to drop slam a vehicle's bonnet but apparently that is what you have to do on the Evoque --- and other LR vehicles I am told. Unfortunately dropping the bonnet can disengagea micro switch located undernear the nearside bonnet catch as the"U" shaped bracket on the bonnet engages with the catch beneath the grill flange. This microswitch forms part of the locking process as it indicates whether the bonnet is closed or not andthus canstop the car from being locked. On my Evoque the microswitch had slightly disengaged itself so I just fiddled around under the corresponding nearside "U" shaped bracket locator catchand it relocated. Problem solved.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good spot, and nicley explained resolution to the problem. I've not experienced it myself but at least I will know how to resolve it should it occur. Thank you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The handbook states that the bonnet should be closed with a 'firm push', but I also have to drop it to get it to latch. Pushing down on it simply doesn't work for me, I think I'd bend the bonnet before it latched.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. Although I'm having difficulty getting to the micro switch. Did you have to take off the front grill to get to it. There is a small wire underneath the off-side latching mechanism. Is this part of the micro switch. Any chance of a piccy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK. Sorted it. Strongly recommend "drop slamming" the bonnet real hard before feckin around looking for a micro switch. There's 2 hrs of my life I won't see again. Also, if you have a left hooker, then I think the micro switch maybe on the drivers side.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Drop slamming the bonnet is more normal now. Been like this on at least my last 2 or 3 cars.

I even prefer it, as it feels to me as if you might be able to flex/bend the metal if you are pushing it down.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Eight weeks of ownership and I haven't popped my bonnet yet. Not much of a man, am I?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the help with the open bonnet syndrome. Mine appeared out of nowhere I had not opened the bonnet for a while. Naturally panic set in because although under warranty it's the inconvenience. After reading the help on here I fiddled with the two things I assumed were micro switches and hey presto warning went away and car locked. Must say there was no apparent wires off or loose push fits. After reading about the door locking I tried the sensors on the outside of the handles without the smart key present-----the car didn't lock any ideas or tips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Useful info thanks - I had the same problem. After reading your article I could see the microswitch from the top of near side hole. 2 sprays with WD40 and hey presto - fixed in seconds without having to furtle underneath. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You could bypass the switch if out of warranty. All these extra stupid microswitches just cause trouble in cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts