Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a conundrum for you to speculate on while I wait for the dealer to book it in and tell me there's nothing wrong.
For a while I've had a banging sound under the car at low speed - sounded like a loose exhaust, although I can't find anything loose under the car, not that you can see much anyway. I was going to get round to taking it in, but... Anyway, last weekend I did a couple of long 200 mile runs. The banging has now disappeared, but twice I have heard a loud boinnnggg sound - just like a spring but very loud - turning corners. Once left and once right. The car drives fine - no obvious braking or suspension problems. The first time I really thought I'd hit something, but then it happened again this morning.
Any ideas welcome!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Broken coil spring? Not always easy to spot as they usually crack where the last "closed coil" is at the upper or lower seat.

Reactions: Gtiaps

·
Administrator
3,122 Posts
If not a coil spring check the brackets that hold the exhaust up, I had these snap off the exhaust on an old Mazda, I stopped the car as thought i'd hit something which went Boing!, never found out what it was till the MOT.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps not surprisingly the dealer says they have checked it over and can't find anything wrong. At least they've washed it. Told me to come back if (when?) it happens again and they'll look at it in more depth. Actually that seems fair as the car was booked in for something else, and they agreed to give it a quick once over while it was there. The main thing I think is that now I've reported it it should still be covered if the warranty runs out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts