Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi

I have been quoted around £450 but 2 separate detailers, one based in Newport, the other using gtechniq products from Bristol. Gtechniq products are I am told the best products available. The cost includes protecting the leather, carpet mats, boot mat, all interior and exterior surfaces, and takes a day. They will also protect the windows which have not been treated at the factory (I cannot recall the details) so as water runs easily away in heavy rain and makes the windows easier to clean I think.

My main reason for having this done is for a professional eye to check the bodywork and paint finish. My untrained eye could easily miss small defects.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank;s for your reply i can now tell everyone i had call this evening from dealer to tell me that my fuji white prestige with panoramic roof and bodywork protector will be available to me in 6 weeks time, cant wait. michael john.

·
Registered
37 Posts
MJ, there is a exterior/interior treatment pack available here in the US through LR. A little pricey at $500 US, but comes with an exceptional warranty....you may want to inquire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mardis,thanks for the info pleased to say have car on order with protector treatment added to speck and delivery date of 20th March everything now sorted looking foreward to March.thank you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I thought this thread was about side protectors (like rubbing strips). My wife's car is plagued by door chips from annoyingly careless car-parkers, and the Evoque looks as if it could be just as vulnerable. Has anyone experienced such problems and/or got any novel ideas? (I thought of jury-rigging some temporary ones made from pipe insulation just to fasten to the sides when parked in car parks for long periods).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had it done before delivery for £300 .not worth the money. You get a bag of sprays and goodies ,supposed to be scotchguarded Dont do it .Wax it yoiurself

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi all just a line to let everyone know my prestige arrived on Thursday 15th March fully covered with all protection for paint work and a lot more, stunning car lovely ride glances from everywhere could not be more impressed. Thanks everyone for your help Miike John.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have been in touch with Privacy Glass in Golborne, Warrington, Cheshire.
They quoted me about £550 for full 3M coverage for Evoque, but vehicle would have to be left with them overnight.
Thought that was a fair price for whole vehicle coverage!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Given that the last post on here was February, there should be quite a few more owners out there now and hopefully more experience with the various paint and interior treatments that are offered.

Do people who have used these packaged treatments that are offered by dealers or independents really think that they are worth the money?

I have only had experience of Lifeshine and I do not think it has made any difference at all, the car still gets just as dirty and is no easier to clean. Moreover, I have had to have a couple of panels re-sprayed due to thuggery and these look and behave no differently even though they were not re-treated. Maybe my experience is not representative but I am very reluctact to fork out for this again and feel that a good detail might be the best possible start that I can give the car along with subsequentwashing and waxing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
130 Posts
The dealer sent me a price list with a ridiculous amount of money on for paint protection - the day before I collected the car, I was offered it (Autoglym lifeshine) for £59 ....then for free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had already booked the car in for detailing £250 worth of inside and out protection, and I wasn't prepared to change that arrangement. Car was out in the rain yesterday and you could see the rain bouncing off the protected paintwork and glass, and now its as shiny asafter it was first polished - time will tell, so far am very pleased with it

·
Registered
750 Posts
Pleased to hear that you are seeing the benefits already.

Out of interest, what was the dealer originally asking for Lifeshine?

I think I would have taken it for £59 or for free as it does offer interior protection but itlooks as thought you got pretty good value for money with the detailif your pictures in the Gallery are anything to go by!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Steve these are the original costs

<DIV =yiv2005769063Msonormal>Combined GAP and RTI £699

<DIV id=yui_3_2_0_1_134484986889252334 =yiv2005769063Msonormal>Paint Protection £399

<DIV =yiv2005769063Msonormal>SMART Insurance £549

<DIV =yiv2005769063Msonormal>

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks for the prices,

The paint treatment looks cheap compared to the insurance products but I guess we all have a choice in these matters. I had a quote for Gap/RTI for over £500 less, incredible.

Still very interested to hear from others who have taken paint treatment and have lived with it for a few months?

·
10,626 Posts
Choclime.

Can't see any car pics in the link.

Hope yours is a good treatment.

I paid just over £400 for the GTechniq treatment, bodywork, glass alloys and interior. Paint had to be machine polished as although it was brand new the paint was atrocious.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hi Evo-King

As you have had your car for a few months now, in your opinion, is the treatment making any difference, is the car any easier to clean or does it get less dirty than un-treated cars that you have owned.

Pictures of Choclime's car are posted under the galley section.

Many thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts