Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for those who have their evoques. When you stream music via bluetooth do you see the track names displayed? On my one via an iPhone I get no track listings displayed it just says Bluetooth audio. They are displayed fine via dock connector.

If people are getting the track listings do you know what I need to do to sort this. I have tried 2 different iPhone both 4 on ios4.

-sorry should have posted this in technical sectionEdited by: Silverburn

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also only get bluetooth audio displayed in the cluster , but the album track and artist are displayed on the main screen ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes that is the same for me, the track info is only shown on the main screen, only shows blue tooth audio on the dashboard

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get "no title" on the main screen so it looks like something is indeed wrong. Can't face going to the dealer again (be my 3rd trip with faults) so will just put up with it until the service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why do you need it on both screens? I admit when using satnav it would be nice to have the track title shown somewhere without having to go to the audio or home screen but it is there if you want it. Not like you have to dangerously pick up the phone to see what the track is? (BLACK DYNAMIC WITH MERIDIAN AUDIO - FANTASTIC SOUND AT HIGH VOLUME!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also get "no title" on both the dashboard and centre console screen when i stream music over bluetooth. I am using a iphone 3GS with IOS4.2.1
Silverburn, any luck with getting it to display the song details on either the centre console screen or dashboard?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys just been to the RR dealer , my iPhone would only show the track playing, and not allow me to see anymore albums. The solution use an old iPod with a apple connector now I can browse all the tracks and albums.
The IPhone connection via blue tooth or wire is only for phone calls .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Update your firmware to 5+, then it shows the title on the center screen!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry - newbie who gets his car in a week and wants to play his music on his IOS5 iPhone in the car, and possibly via another iPod.

So - if I have IOS 5 on the iPhone, I can stream through BT and see track etc info on the screen(s) of the car? If through USB to Apple 30 pin cable, I get more track info (album too perhaps?).

If connected via USB - does it charge your phone too?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ajackuk said:
So - if I have IOS 5 on the iPhone, I can stream through BT and see track etc info on the screen(s) of the car? If through USB to Apple 30 pin cable, I get more track info (album too perhaps?).

If connected via USB - does it charge your phone too?
In answer to the first question, yes I see track/artist info streaming BT from my IP (which has iOS5). And if I get a call, the radio mutes audio until call is finished.

Never tried the second option so don't know.

Most of the time when I'm streaming I have the phone plugged into a power port.

One feature that semi-annoys me is that the radio will immediately start streaming music via BT if the radio was left in that mode previously. I think I would rather manually control streaming than to have it start automatically.

·
Registered
318 Posts
When I stream Pandora via bluetooth from my iphone4, I do not get track name or artist on the main screen, just "bluetooth audio". Is there a way to se the track on the screen?

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes, you can charge your iphone when its plugged into the "ipod" port. I too only see the title on the mainscreen and bluetooth audio on the driver screen. It's not a big deal, but for being so "advanced" it should show it both places, as well as list the song. My 2007 BMW x5 that i traded for the Evoke displayed on both screens.

Another question, when the bluetooth is streaming music in the car, and your passenger/child/whomever decides to play a game (Angry Birds, for example) on your iphone it stop streaming your music. Boo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts