Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one experienced black spots / shadows when running the sat nav screen in the central instrument cluster, I've just noticed it during the day when driving, I run the screen in satellite view so it's very colourful and at first I thought it was cloud but these two areas are next to the clocks and don't move.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,043 Posts
Could be burn in on the LED screen, but cant imaging its old enough for that! Do the patches reflect anything usually displayed?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be burn in on the LED screen, but cant imaging its old enough for that! Do the patches reflect anything usually displayed?
Hi Phil

Still there this morning, I've taken a picture with satellite and normal maps, the normal map is even worse, looks like a trip to Land Rover

Speedometer Vehicle Trip computer Car Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Speedometer Automotive design Gauge

·
Super Moderator
3,043 Posts
Are they not fake shadows of the dials?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are they not fake shadows of the dials?
No I don't think so as I've not noticed them before, they weren't there when I didn't run the sat display just the normal one else I would have asked before.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,504 Posts
Coincidence that they're symmetrical though, I think they're just virtual shadows for 3D effect

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well after my visit to Land Rover it would appear this is something that certainly the garage demo vehicle has as well, the tech said he'd not noticed it before and thinks it's something Land Rover have added but does not know why, could be a 3 D thing who knows.

I did get the low down on the other issues though which is worrying but interesting.

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
352 Posts
I'd have a look at the one on my loan car but alas I can't because it doesn't work and no 4G either !!
Quality vehicle the Range Rover Evoque 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
2017 SE Tech Auto
211 Posts
Yeah I would assume they are virtual shadows as Doink said they are symmetrical to the dials 😀😀

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,170 Posts
Interesting - you would think that could mess with the warranty or create service issues etc.?
i.e. s/w was updated to request early oil changes once the oil dilution issue came to light on those vehicles. Without it people would be driving much longer with highly diluted oil. So I would have thought LR would make updates mandatory.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Interesting - you would think that could mess with the warranty or create service issues etc.?
i.e. s/w was updated to request early oil changes once the oil dilution issue came to light on those vehicles. Without it people would be driving much longer with highly diluted oil. So I would have thought LR would make updates mandatory.
I only keep my cars for a maximum of 2 years from new...so this has never been an issue for me.

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
236 Posts
Any one experienced black spots / shadows when running the sat nav screen in the central instrument cluster, I've just noticed it during the day when driving, I run the screen in satellite view so it's very colourful and at first I thought it was cloud but these two areas are next to the clocks and don't move.

Thanks
They must be an extra with the HSE and interactive driver display; I have the basic fixed dials and no shadows but thanks, I've now turned on satellite display and selected map view for the central display; it's far more interesting than trip data 😀.
🤔 Perhaps if I play Wonderful Land from my USB the Shadows will appear?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They must be an extra with the HSE and interactive driver display; I have the basic fixed dials and no shadows but thanks, I've now turned on satellite display and selected map view for the central display; it's far more interesting than trip data 😀.
🤔 Perhaps if I play Wonderful Land from my USB the Shadows will appear?
I really don't know nor does my local dealership why I've got them.

Every time the wife gets in the car she insists I turn on the map so she can see what's the other side of the fence, we now know where the low flying Canadian Geese that fly over our house go too as there are two very large settlement pools which are used by a local quarry which can't be seen from the road - but we can see them now.

Have you seen the size of the poop a Canadian Geese can drop - not nice for sure. o_O:poop::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My dog loves the stuff, he eats as much as he can whenever we walk near a lake. 🤮

• Wow
Reactions: RobS

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Have you tried changing the screen to a single central dial (can you still do that on the MY21?) if so do you get a shadow on the single dial?
I will try to remember to have a look at mine tomorrow but maybe it’s not filtered down to the MY20’s yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have you tried changing the screen to a single central dial (can you still do that on the MY21?) if so do you get a shadow on the single dial?
I will try to remember to have a look at mine tomorrow but maybe it’s not filtered down to the MY20’s yet.
Yes I did and also the tech at Land Rover, there was a shadow but not so big, when you change the screen to maps only there's nothing, so it must be something to do with the clocks - whomever thought this up at Land Rover must have been on the wacky backy the day they put this on.:alien:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts