Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
MY2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE TD4 Dynamic Auto 9 Speed white with the Full black pack and HUD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what are people using for the black alloys to make them gleam, Yesterday it took me just over 2 hrs to detail my wheels. Rinse 1st hose on full power, Turtle car shampoo really soapy so extra product used. Then a wash mitt to clean alloy and a wheel brush around the wheel nuts, On making sure cleaning back of wheel and rim. Rinse off and micro fibre dry.
Then applied Autoglym super resin polish , Buff off and lastly Autoglym gloss protection ( Leave this product on the wheels for say 20-30 mins ) Then buff off.
Stand back and admire.
Looking online people saying use original product wheel woolies does anybody use these or what are you using out there for black alloys to look like showroom shine.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
that's a lot of love for a tyre that will end up in a puddle ...

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
15,141 Posts
I just wash and dry my black wheels regularly. Occassionally they get a polish.

·
Registered
56 Posts
either get them ceramic coated as that makes them loads easier to clean, or buy some autoglym polar seal and when coating the car with it do the rims as well. makes life much easier if wheels are coated. also before you wash spray the discs with bolt hammer atom mac and then again after finishing the wheels an that will reduce the rust build up on the discs.;)

·
Registered
MY2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE TD4 Dynamic Auto 9 Speed white with the Full black pack and HUD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
either get them ceramic coated as that makes them loads easier to clean, or buy some autoglym polar seal and when coating the car with it do the rims as well. makes life much easier if wheels are coated. also before you wash spray the discs with bolt hammer atom mac and then again after finishing the wheels an that will reduce the rust build up on the discs.;)
(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts