Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My iPhone comes out of contract at the end of January so I will be due to replace/upgrade it. So just wondering, with the interface options on the Evoque, which smartphone would be the best match for the car, considering what the Evoque interface is capable of?

My iPhone is currently a 3GS and I understand it might not be 100% feature compatible with the Evoque, but then what would be a better option?

Any ideas, either that or is there a compatibility list anywhere?

·
Registered
136 Posts
iPhone iOS 4 works fine. iOS 5 works fine via Bluetooth but not the cable. It means some of the features don't come through via Bluetooth but to be honest it's almost as good and I am sure they will fix it soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi,
I have an HTC HD Windows 7 phone, as a business user it is miles better than anything else on the market as it has microsoft office, which I use. Anyway, is pairs up and works brilliantly with the cars system.

Never thought I'd play music on my phone, but do all the time!

As you scroll through Radio, My music, it just pics up the phone and plays.

I am easily impressed, as one not usually so up to date with technology, though my phone is now a year old, so I'm lagging again...but so impressed I wouldnt ever swap for an iPhone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sooty, you got a be the only person I know who has a windows phone and I work in the comms industry!! iPhone all day long , sorry. By the way is sooty the name of your car? Mine is a black Dynamic do proper black and sadly I am thinking of giving it a name - I like Sooty!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geogeo, you will have to make that at least two now, as my work phone is an HTC Touch Pro 2 with Windows, which we all have. Our lot won't touch iPhone with a barge pole for business use, due to security issues with email. They won't touch BB either, for similar reasons, mainly that the email server has to sit on BB's infrastructure, or so I'm told.

Anyway, thanks for the replies so far, I'm not out of contract till end of Jan, so plenty of time to look around.
Edited by: MrFuji

·
Registered
81 Posts
my Windows phone does tonsan iPhone doesn't, I won't swap. I used to havexda exec. I loved that, but 8 year old technology.
Anyway, yes, car is called Sooty. I'm old enough to remember the glove puppet. So it is a term of endearment. Only ever named my Land Rovers, and they had the same name but a friend saidthis car couldn't be Chunky lll..

Had to be a cute name, being the Baby Range Rover.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok ok guess it's personal choice at the end of the day. But really, Microsoft more secure than BB, don't think so guys. BB is most secure device out there - ask any public sector organisation inc central government. Agree iPhone is lacking in that area but it's so easy to use. Any one got an iOS 5 iPhone fully working with the cable connection yet? I know ios 4 works ok but 5 cuts out after about 60 seconds and you have to revert to Bluetooth, which is ok but you don't get the info on the centre console and you don't get all the features on the main screen either like playlists.

Sooty, hope you don't mind but there are 2 Sooties now And I too am old enough to remember the glove puppet!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, I did not say that our IT guys thought MS was more secure than BB or iPhone, but that having your email server running on your own hardware most definitely is. The problem they see with BB in particular is that your companies mail server has to sit on a BB server, not your own dedicated Exchange server. Also, BB won't handle email encryption very well, if at all. It's nothing really to do with MS this or BB the other, it's all to do with the back office bits.

I much prefer my iPhone as a personal phone, but for a business phone, many people have no choice.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yey!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts