Evoque Owners Club banner

121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Maffy said:
That is a disaster waiting to happen!!! Just like the A380-that will one big bang when it does happen
(sorry to sound gloomy-but that's life)-- Just sleep on the deck is my advice.
Maffy please don't say that we are on A380s in June

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Yoda - don't listen to Maffy - he just forgot to take his tablets - he'll be wishing you a good trip in the next post

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I do of course wish EVERYONE safe and happy trips, holidays and adventures

simply stating the bleedin'obvious, sorry it's what I do for a living so to speak (no, not crash planes or sink ships)

My son builds the wings on the A380 so I know thay are good.

Beast you are the Devils advocate

I am a realist-

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
And I supply the screws for both the A380 plane and the Cruise ship stabilisers and engine rooms.....so the lot of you are in my safe hands.....

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Hey Spidey, thats great--Teamwork as they say, however, when the bolt fails--------
you will be in my safe hands

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Screws on wings of planes, puts me off flying !

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yeah but they are assembled and wiring looms done in France

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Yes it's the frenchies you need to worry about!!!!
Bolshy lot.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
The screws are ok......it's the people screwing em in - that's the worry....enjoy your next holiday Donna.....You could be meeting Maffy sooner than you think

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Maffy and loose screws, might go on a cruise lol

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I also do failed cruises, I'm easy!!!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Gone and done it. Booked Queen Mary 2, Queens Grill, NY to Southampton for June 2020. Never done the boat thing before apart from a schools cruise many moons ago. Any good tips from previous QM2 passengers are most welcome. Like, what’s best way to get back to my car at Heathrow after getting off the boat in Southampton, I was thinking hire car and dropping it off at T5.

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Sounds great Doogi why not drive car to Southampton leave car there and get train to Heathrow surly be less expensive leaving at Southampton and makes the return journey easier?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
It’s a thought Donna but usually stay at Hilton T5 night before and leave car there, always been in one piece when I got back ?

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
It’s a thought Donna but usually stay at Hilton T5 night before and leave car there, always been in one piece when I got back ?
Hilton in Southampton? Taxi to train , I always prefer the easiest journey on returning home?

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Hilton in Southampton? Taxi to train , I always prefer the easiest journey on returning home?
Buy cheap canoe in Southampton, paddle round the coast and up the Thames?

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Or hire car both ways Avis do that one way hire, leave car at home drive to Heathrow dump first car and book another for your return , no hotel needed?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Early flight so don’t want to be driving 3 hours then be at airport, as you have to be, 2 hours before check in. That’s why I like to stay overnight locally before going cos it saves getting up in the middle of the night and making a long day even longer. Reckon it’ll be hire car on return.

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Long journey home that way Doogi ! , I’d drive to Southampton day before park car at dock get one way hire car then go back to Heathrow hotel how good is it walking off boat to your car? No hassles on return bliss your wife will agree

Reactions: Doogi

·
Registered
543 Posts
Gone and done it. Booked Queen Mary 2, Queens Grill, NY to Southampton for June 2020. Never done the boat thing before apart from a schools cruise many moons ago. Any good tips from previous QM2 passengers are most welcome. Like, what’s best way to get back to my car at Heathrow after getting off the boat in Southampton, I was thinking hire car and dropping it off at T5.
You could enquire if they are doing excursions from Southampton for the Americans there will be but unsure as to the destinations being of any help to you the cruise company will be able to advise you on this loads of other options ie one way hire cab or coach we are cruising in October from Southampton to The Canaries when we sail out rather than fly we use the car park right next to the ship its such a nice way to holiday no hassle never cruised on the QM2 but im sure you'll enjoy "Anchors Away" LOL.....

Reactions: Doogi
121 - 140 of 163 Posts