·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evo-king said:
Looks like we already have here.

There's the Green Light we were waiting for

Anyone share my thoughts ?

Best Ship sailed on so far: Royal Caribbean - Independance of the Seas (Wow ship)
Biggest Ship sailed on:Royal Caribbean - Oasis of the Seas (huge-8500 passengers and crew)
Smallest Ship sailed on: Cruise and Maritime - Marco Polo (really old ex russian war ship converted)
Newest Ship Sailed on: Anthem of the Seas (Didnt like it-too modern and high tech)
Most Elegant ship sailed on: Cunard - Queen Mary2 (not sure about foxtrot and waltzing)
Best for FamilyP&O - Ventura and Azura
Most Intimate Ship sailed on: Royal Caribbean - Serenade of The Seas
Worst Ship Sailed on: MSC Opera
Ship i really want to sail on: NCL - Norweigan Epic
Next Ship Booked: Princess Cruises - Royal Princess

Roll On November

Edited by: Evo-king

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Now that Evo-king has moderated me into the correct forum - some more pics of the emerald (first and second pics)and the crown princess third pic.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Went on a Greek Isles cruise from Venice.

But, the best time on ANY cruise I've ever been on was when me and my mate got talking to the chief engineer and blagged a visit to the engine room on that cruise (don't tell anyone and don't put it on Facebook we were told but that was a good few years ago now) and they were overhauling one of the four engines at the time.

Now THAT is what you call a piston ring!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did the same cruise Steve on the Splendour in 2001 , we really enjoyed it .

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's another world down there isnt it. We make the bolts for the Cruise Ship stabilisers and they are that heavy it takes two of you to lift them

·
10,626 Posts
Gav, that picture onboard the ship from the side is incredible.

I've no head for heights, that would do me in, but I do get how people come to enjoy going on these Cruises.

Now do we have any Caribbean or other exotic destination photos?

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
best cruise has to be not on a big boat boat like but spent 10 days wondering around Svalbard on a small ish one as it has to break the ice ... looking for polar bears... a small boat but we had a library,mini gym on board... bar that stayed open while it was daylight.... daylight 24 hours a day ... fantastic best holiday ever... and no it wasn't as cold as you would think :) sun 24 hours a day very strange and sitting with the captain looking for bears ... ahhh brings back memories ...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went on the independance of the seas to the med. crossing the bay of bisque both ways was cold rough and miserable. I would never do that again. but the best one which I thought would be my worst nightmare was a Disney cruise in the Caribbean. the boat was way more luxurious than the Royal Caribbean, but tbh cruising is not for me really

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bay of Biscay Dang.
Yes went across there in a force 12 storm on the Ventura.
Now that was an experience!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Done the Bay of Biscay a few times now always been lucky.
Last May was our 1st cruise on the Britannia out of Southampton to Guernsey - La Corruna - Bilbao - La Rochelle Loved every minute

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Back in 1982 I was working in South Africa and when it was time to come home, me and my girlfriend (now my wife) came home on a three week cruise as it was cheaper than the one-way airfare. We went from Durban- Seychelles - Israel - Greece and we flew home from there. By modern ships, it was tiny, just 700 passengers. It was called the Atlas. I checked it ip a few years ago. It sunk on the way to the scrapyard!!

A young Mrs D

Me, steering the ship! (My wife reckons they modelled the 118 118 geezers on me!)

Edited by: Steve D

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Steve - that is the best pic yet.....

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
That's the trouble with Caribbean islands. Ya wait ages for a cruise ship to come in..........

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Steve D - where were you - know the Caribbean well as lived there for several years but don't recognise that view (though must admit never went via a cruise ship)!!

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Wow, those patio slabs are MASSIVE

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Vader said:
Wow, those patio slabs are MASSIVE

Or the people are very little

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
the beast said:
Steve D - where were you - know the Caribbean well as lived there for several years but don't recognise that view (though must admit never went via a cruise ship)!!
To be honest, I can't remember. Every place looked the same after a while!

1 - 20 of 163 Posts