Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Insurance is up a the start of March and the hassle I have had to transfer from my old car to this one they can take a run and jump if they think I'm going to use them . So bar looking on comparasion site's what's everyone thought's .

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Other half uses Aviva if you ask about there driving app for 200 miles and score more than 8 out of 10 then they give you 20%discount, and if he can get 8/10 anyone can! He had to ask about it though as a friend told him about it!

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,125 Posts
I hate using the comparison sites. My cousin is an insurance broker so i get him to get m the best price/deal he can.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Every year is different - keeps changing.
Year one AVIVA
Year two Direct Line
This year The AA

I do a lot of shopping around......unfortunately I am in Birmingham so insist on tracker - watch out for that one.
Do a search on other posts-loads of posts regarding insurance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Billyyoung said:
My Insurance is up a the start of March and the hassle I have had to transfer from my old car to this one they can take a run and jump if they think I'm going to use them . So bar looking on comparasion site's what's everyone thought's . 
Mine Doesn't have the Pano; so a little bit easier to compare Quotes, so If your's has a Pano; make sure that it's covered, as cost to replace is around £3/4K if memory serves me right & some insurances won't cover....

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
I have never known an insurance company refuse to insure a pano roof.

They may to refuse to cover it on your GLASS policy where you pay the glass excess.
If so, you just claim in your main policy and of course have to pay the main excess for loss and possibly lose your no claims bonus or part of.

So best if you can find insurer that covers it in the glass policy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Try a quote from the NFU. They always do well on customer feedback and don't seem to penny pinch like most of the others (charges for change of registration, charges for monthly payments, etc). They also include free breakdown/legal and new for old for the first 2 years. Also seem to give a good deal on LR products, being the farmer's union.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've been with LV for a few years now . They give pretty good quotes. One of the few that do insure the pano roof under the glass section of the policy. They have an ala carte type menu for picking what you want to be included. Have always been prepared to drop renewal quotes to just a few quid above last premium when I have phoned them. Just moved wife's car over to them from Saga who seem to be insistent about ramping premiums up.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Admiral multicar if you have more than one vehicle to insure.

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
+1 for NFU, used to have Admiral Multi, but they just pushed the price up each year, NFU gave me money back on my renewal!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Aviva has put up price too, but the drive 200 mile app cancels out that at20% off

·
10,626 Posts
The Pano Roof issue, does have a big effect on our Premiums or the risk we choose to take if not covered.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
+2 for NFU and pano roof is covered under glass.... no tracker needed ...

first year was direct line until they changed their mind and wanted a tracker so went with NFU and this is my 2nd year with them they were the cheapest again by far for me :)

Spidey is it where you live or the way you drive i wonder
( runs away )

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
It was where I live........but now they can see me on the tracker.....its doubled because of the way i drive......

I cant win.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just renewed mine with LV again, but for the second year in a row the price I got from LV through a comparison site was considerably lower than the renewal quote. On telling LV this, they promptly dropped the price to the one I got online..

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I think they all do that as a Matter of coarse
Preying on the people that just renew
I always shop around then go back to more
Than who we are insured with and every
time they have matched it
There only quotes are to draw in new customers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts