Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got an evoque Saturday, when I got it they told me they have replaced the battery, not sure why.

On Saturday drove it back 60 miles on a motorway and drove it around again quite a bit on Saturday. Did 20+20 or so mile drive on Sunday and came back home.

I was going to have another drive today (day of post) but I went to unlock it and it wouldn't unlock. Managed to unlock the door with the key and the alarm didn't sound. I tried to jump start it with my battery jump start but would turn off after 5 seconds. Hooked It up to another car and waited 6-7 mins for it to charge and then tried starting and it started, everything ok. Took it on the motor way and back home.

Keep in mind I had no battery warnings and everything was functional

I am worried because the car has had a new battery between 3/10 and 10/10 (while it was still at the dealers) and it shouldn't have lost all its charge after not being used for only 1 day. Its a 62 plate dynamic lux. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
Found out the hazard button stays lit while the car is locked, is that normal?

·
Super Moderator
2,588 Posts
First thing would be contact the dealer if you have any warranty, otherwise I'd get it on a battery conditioner and see what charge it has, and get yourself into a known fully charged state. If you still have issues then something maybe draining the battery or not switching off properly.

Reactions: Ethan Burford

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The other thing is to be very careful jump starting the car as this can do serious damage to the media system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts