Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cheers! I'll take a look later & get back to you!

·
Registered
296 Posts
@RickJH This is the port that was installed in my MY20

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I have something permanently plugged in to the cigarette lighter socket near the cup holders and it definitely goes off after a few minutes

Reactions: RickJH

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had a look & yes it does! The socket though certainly won't fit the cigarette style plug so I am missing a connctor lead. What sort do I look for here?? You're all right regarding the cup holder socket, it doesn't stay live & I'm still getting the low battery warning & I think it's cocked up the courtesy lighting as nothing comes on when I open the door!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
296 Posts
@RickJH Are you sure the charger won't fit? Mine is the same charger and only the last 10mm of the adapter fits in the socket. Will post a picture if that helps.

Edit to change cm to mm.......

Reactions: RickJH and HmmmUK

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes please
You're correct! Thank you!. Being a newbie owner, am I right to assume is to just plug the charger into the mains & it will charge properly now??

Also how do I get my courtesy lights/boot light to come back on??

Reactions: ScreamingDead

·
Registered
296 Posts
@RickJH Yes, I normally connect the charger to the car socket, close the bonnet (make sure charging cable is clear of the bonnet catch) lock the car and switch on the charger at the mains - then leave overnight.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Has the battery itself ever been changed though?
I recently had to change mine in a 2017 car. The charger kept saying the battery was fully charged and in good condition yet the stop start never worked and the low battery warning would regularly appear. Replacing the battery solved it all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has the battery itself ever been changed though?
I recently had to change mine in a 2017 car. The charger kept saying the battery was fully charged and in good condition yet the stop start never worked and the low battery warning would regularly appear. Replacing the battery solved it all.
I don't think so, I have checked the sevice history & there is no mention of it.

Anybody know anything about the courtesy light issue, is this something that can be reset?? (I might give my local JLR dealer a ring about this as it's concerning me)...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Problem solved (fingers crossed), left the car charging "the correct way", spoke to the Technical service advisor at the dealership & told me how to reset the courtesy lights (touch the centre front courtesy light for 3 seconds or more will reset them).

Thanks for all your help guys, really is appreciated & I hope all my battery woes go away now!! If not, I'll be back :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Right guys. My problem returned. I just had my evogue back from JLR associated garage after seing another alert. This time my lovely wife managed to discharge battery by not driving the car for 3 days so it did not even have the charge to crank (I got a van and I went away for that time). This is wrong. What if you leave it at airport car park? Or if you got to go A&E? The garage did upgrading software to PMU as JLR buletin recommended but they also said it is more than certain I will visit them again. Now their guess is a real fault of new battery, despite the 'OK' discharge test they did to it. Because I am a patient person I am gradually annoyed with this issue. I started thinking about assassination of EU parliament members responsible for 'green stars' 'AAAAAA+ class' 'start-stop' 'polution control' and anything related to it. More seriously I plan to get a new battery (again) and by pulling out fuses eliminate the power draining device (cabin itself, engine management, locking and alarm, etc.) TBC

·
Registered
MY2020 Evoque D180 R-Dynamic SE
48 Posts
Just a thought. Do you double lock your car when you leave it for an length of time? I parked my Jaguar XE in the garage for a couple of days and did not lock it. When Jaguar Assist arrived, they advised that double locking the car closes down more systems and reduces the drain on the battery. I have always ensured that double locked since I received this advice.

Reactions: rawpilot and XZ4

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
this is a right hint. i am gonna find if it works for me. thanks buddy

·
Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
23 Posts
Out of curiosity, how long does the battery last in years from experience?
I went to see a 2016 TD4 HSE I am interested in buying, but I noticed the battery warning light the minute I switched off the engine. Is it is costly replacement? Am I right to assume the 2016 HSE does not have athe secondary battery if I read this thread correct?
PS. The battert looks like the original 80A battery.

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
230 Posts
My original battery only lasted 3 years (probably due to the start/stop which is now disabled). My non oem replacement was around £100.
Just because that car has the battery warning does not mean the battery is done, it may just need charging.
My 2016 does not have a secondary battery.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,644 Posts
My 2013 F Type is still on it's original OE AGM battery and no issues.

·
Registered
MY2017 2.0 HSE Dynamic Lux
338 Posts
I think a lot depends on how the battery was treated during its life. If it was kept fully charged with constant use then plate sulphates would not be so much of an issue. If it was left to discharge due to non use (maybe on a sales forecourt for months on end) then it won't last very long.
As a general rule a standard lead acid battery is good for about 5 years in my experience

41 - 60 of 82 Posts