Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave the car to a guy from ChipsAway as I got a few nasty scratches over night, he finished the job but got a "bonnet open" error before he brought it back.

He then disconnected the battery hoping the sensor will restart.

Now, the question is, will this battery disconnection impact anything at all, is there anything I will have to check to make sure everything is working properly?

I mean, yeah, the clock had to be fixed but that wasn't a problem. I am just not aware of anything else hence the silly question.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,248 Posts
Clock and sometimes electric windows usually need reset. Nothing else.

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
As XZ4 said 👍

·
Registered
322 Posts
Possibly the Panoramic roof blind needs to be reset after the battery is disconnected (that is if you've got a pano roof)

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,734 Posts
...He then disconnected the battery hoping the sensor will restart.
Did this work?
I had this when I first bought my Evoque. I adjusted my bonnet so it closed a bit more closely by twisting the rubber 'bungs' half a turn or so which did the trick. The sensor is quite sensitive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did this work?
I had this when I first bought my Evoque. I adjusted my bonnet so it closed a bit more closely by twisting the rubber 'bungs' half a turn or so which did the trick. The sensor is quite sensitive.
No, it didn't. I will have to go downstairs and find a solution as my car is locked with the key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts