Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
To be honest I wouldn't part with that kind of money or deal with a back street garage like that, some might and fair play to you but I wouldn't, I'd rather pay more and deal with a dealer that care about their reputation and wouldn't want that type of publicity, these guys in the advert wouldn't think twice in closing down one week and starting the next with a different name
Yes Doink take there government grant through CBILS etc a large loan then fold so many companies will do this now ....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Too right!

Will be interesting to see if/how AutoTrader reacts.
I doubt mate as Autotrader is interesting in making money and don't care about these things. The shocking thing is that this dealer has plenty of expensive cars advertised on their website and their reviews are 4.5/5. Is it a one-off mistake? Or they have been getting away with this easily...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
It could be the dash was stolen and a replacement came with a lower mileage? I know powerful did a video not long back on a replacement/upgrade but it didn't work, it powered up but the car wouldn't start, the dash also showed a higher mileage and he was worried he'd wiped his old 20,000 miles out of the system to be replaced with a 80k one but when putting his old dash back in it read the original 20k or something miles so it appears the mileage is stored in the actual instrument cluster and not a hard to reach module buried deep in the guts of the car

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It could be the dash was stolen and a replacement came with a lower mileage? I know powerful did a video not long back on a replacement/upgrade but it didn't work, it powered up but the car wouldn't start, the dash also showed a higher mileage and he was worried he'd wiped his old 20,000 miles out of the system to be replaced with a 80k one but when putting his old dash back in it read the original 20k or something miles so it appears the mileage is stored in the actual instrument cluster and not a hard to reach module buried deep in the guts of the car
Most cars have a protection system.
So if you put a new odometer with high milages, it will not sync and leave any footprints on the car.

However, if you try to put an odometer with fewer miles, it automatically picks up the original miles from the car system and updates the odometer according.

So, what you suggested is not possible and there is a deliberate attempt to manipulate the miles.

Reactions: Bazz and Maffy

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
To be honest from the pictures alone it looks a real tidy car and quite a looker

·
Registered
983 Posts
Looks awesome, I might make an offer 🤔

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
I don’t know which one I want now, probably better leave it in case I pick the wrong one 🙁

Reactions: makkan00

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Get them both, you know you want to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I spotted a car on Pistonheads a few years ago that I was interested in - it was sold pretty sharpish. When it appeared back on there a week later with half the milage, I reported it. It was removed within the hour! I suppose they don't have the volume that Autotrader has to deal with though. Still no excuse for this ad to still be up.

(not literally)
😆 😆 😆

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Any car that is over three years old can be checked mileage wise, by going on the MOT gov website and check the numberplate and it will tell you mileage when the car was tested. Its a good double check before buying.

On newer cars before the third year it is more difficult to check for clocking, though you can do the usual {checking pedals and steering wheel for wear}. The old way of checking for clocking on mechanical odometers was that the numbers on the dial did not line up perfectly, if clocked. We cannot do that now with digital display odometers.

End of the day.... let the buyer beware!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Surprised that they still got it and listed online.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Rang the dealer to find out what's going on.
As soon as I mentioned black Evoque, he said,
'You are calling from a withheld number. Ring me in 10 minutes and I will give you all the details.'

Me being, 'Pardon....

And he dropped the call.

In all fairness, its an excellent, well looked after, one owner car. I may ring him again..

Reactions: Maffy and Valisk 61

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Check out the garage on companies house😉

Reactions: makkan00

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
😉.....profit margins are a joke 😂😂😂.... nice little 50k grant and loan for covid ...bust and off again

21 - 38 of 38 Posts