Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this and thought to share it. Just in case if anyone here (or new fellow member) is considering to buy it.

Apparently most car check websites do not show these things however vcheck does.

They posted it today on their Facebook page.

And their checks:

Link to car advert:

Apparently its stolen recovered and then there is mileage discrepancy (10 days post auction date). Which means body shop or private dealer is involved.

Can't believe it!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Well spotted makkaan00. Great post. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: makkan00

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: Bazz

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Never have trusted Autotrader:mad:

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Good pick up there, we need more observations on this kind of thing

(Don't tell vet-he may be interested!!!)

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Unless you know the seller then anything is possible nowadays.-Buyer beware.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Makkan00... love it when I see scammers caught out well done you for broadcasting the news....I can see you have a. Great amount of knowledge and helping a lot of people out in a constructive manner . It’s good to have technical minds on here to bolster our knowledge

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
(Don't tell vet-he may be interested!!!)
🤣
Nice spot Makkan. Did you report the advert to Autotrader? (If not, I have!)
Done now. Didn't realised that we could report it. Thanks for the heads up. (y)

....and only one careful owner from new in the Ad.:rolleyes:
Not sure about it and technically they may be correct. Thieves (who stole the car first time) or thieves-II (dealers) aren't putting their names on that V5.

Makkan00... love it when I see scammers caught out well done you for broadcasting the news....I can see you have a. Great amount of knowledge and helping a lot of people out in a constructive manner . It’s good to have technical minds on here to bolster our knowledge
Donna, thanks for the kinds words. I guess we all compliment and help each other and have strengths and weakness. It's a lovely community here and we all love helping each other (y)

Reactions: Valisk 61 and Donna

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'd even go as far as reporting them to the finance company they use

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Do you want a list of the people with SERIOUS weaknesses?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I would have thought possibly even the police as it’s a criminal offence to clock cars 🤔

of course the seller would say it had that mileage on when they got it, but if they bought it at auction..... the proof is above 🔝

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd even go as far as reporting them to the finance company they use
I thought about it. Also wondered that a company is financing cars with dodgy history.

Do you want a list of the people with SERIOUS weaknesses?
🤣 spill the beans....

I would have thought possibly even the police as it’s a criminal offence to clock cars 🤔

of course the seller would say it had that mileage on when they got it, but if they bought it at auction..... the proof is above 🔝
Agreed. Hopefully, someone local to that area (manchester) will report them.

So, when I looked at this adverts, few things stand out:

• Car is mimicking black pack however fog lights and rear lights are not from the black pack. Which means most of the trims have been painted black. Front lights are either tinted or/ and involved in an accident and the previous owner replaced them with black pack ones.
  • There are no floor mats and that alone gives you a good hint that the car has been abused or dealer is dodgy. Very likely someone fetched them before the auction. God knows.
  • We have a lovely trader around M25 (big motoring world Ltd) and if you observe their listings, you may find out that plenty of their listings are dodgy. When they have sold xyz cars, they keep them listed at a reduced price and when you ring, they say 'well this car is gone but visit our showroom and we have plenty of stock'. Also if you look at the wheels of the cars, they are often changed. If you ever visit them, you may find different brands of tyres on a same car with different tread left. There is a huge thread on BMW forums about their dodgy stuff.

Also, visited Vcheck link and they are brilliant. They have listed the auction listing link as well.

And looking at photos, one can clearly establish where is tracking module installed in our evoques and what sort of trickery is done by these thieves (who stole the car).

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Reading the description it mentions 'black kidney grilles'...........I thought that was a BMW thing, also....VOSA Checked To Verify Mileage, ok VOSA doesn't exist anymore but they also liked to get their teeth into clocked cars so might be worth dropping the DVSA as it is now a sneaky email

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
And like has been mentioned it hasn't got black pack front fogs, rear lights or rear fogs, so the it would appear the headlights were stolen(clear ones) and replaced with black pack headlights, ok it has black pack exhaust tips but then so does mine, there's a garage across the road from this place that advertise wheel refurbs so they'd have powder coated the wheels and exhaust tips black for sure, and its also fitted with 2 Pirellis, 1 Dunlop and 1 Michelin

Anyone care to look on topix for the build sheet, bet it doesn't mention black pack

Reactions: Maffy and makkan00

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
Probably turn out to be a yellow Skoda!!!

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,967 Posts
Makes you wonder if it’s a ringer?
All seemed legit in 2018 with 20k on the clock, theres no 2019 mot, then it appears with 48k on the speedo.
I wonder if Maffy had it for a few months to get that sort of miles added?
Just goes to show that you need to do your homework even when buying from a dealer or you could get your fingers burnt 🥵

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
To be honest I wouldn't part with that kind of money or deal with a back street garage like that, some might and fair play to you but I wouldn't, I'd rather pay more and deal with a dealer that care about their reputation and wouldn't want that type of publicity, these guys in the advert wouldn't think twice in closing down one week and starting the next with a different name

Reactions: Maffy and Valisk 61
1 - 20 of 38 Posts