Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the pollen filter this morning and for the first time I noticed the auxiliary battery under the dash. It’s basically a tiny sealed lead-acid battery. I think it’s something to do with the gearbox. Anyway, it’s no different from a house alarm battery and if it’s anything like mine, at 8 years old it should be near to the end of its life. I’ve just ordered a new one from eBay, just under £12 and I’ll replace it just because........ Has anyone else changed theirs as a preventative measure?

Reactions: Robwen

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Hi .... is this not for the stop start?

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, definitely not. I don’t have stop/start on my one. I think I remember reading somewhere about someone who kept getting 'gearbox fault' messages and problems. Replacing this battery cured it.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Looked on a old thread maybe for gear selector

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,227 Posts
As you say, it's an auxiliary battery for those with a 6 speed auto (y)
Edit: you'll see some previous posts searching for the part number.

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you say, it's an auxiliary battery for those with a 6 speed auto (y)
Edit: you'll see some previous posts searching for the part number.
Thanks. One of the posts has a link to the manufacturers web site and in the specifications it says that the battery has a 5 year design life. Mine is over 8 years old now so for what they cost (£11.95 delivered), it’s a no-brainier to replace it.

Reactions: Bazz and HmmmUK

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks Steve D. Thats another little job for me. Is it easy to do as mines also a 2012?

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Steve D. Thats another little job for me. Is it easy to do as mines also a 2012?
Really, really easy. Just remove a couple of panels above the passenger footwell area, look up and you’ll see the battery, flip the battery out of its holder, disconnect two spade terminals, refit in reverse order. If you take more than 5 minutes to do that, you’re dragging your heels! I’ll post some pictures when I’ve done it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Oh ’eck. Now there’s a challenge. Can you please send me a link to the part and I’ll get it ordered off eBay 🙂

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will do once I’ve done it but just check you actually have one fitted first - you might not have one!

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right, all done.
To do, remove fuse board cover and the three oblong clips that hold a piece of felt above the passenger footwell.

Look up and you’ll see the aux battery in its holder. Just insert a screwdriver and flick it out.

Disconnect the wires and connect them to the new battery.

Snap it back into its holder, refit the fuse panel and sound deadening felt and that’s it. Job done.

Here's the groaner; I used my multimeter to check the voltage in both. The new battery 12.91v and the old one 12.84v. Basically, I needn’t have bothered! 🤣 🤣 Oh well, that’s preventative maintenance for you! Perhaps I should have checked the voltage first. Never mind, only £12.

Reactions: Sadie and HmmmUK

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well thanks for posting anyway. It may help someone in the future. Maybe I’ll leave it alone 🤔

1 - 12 of 12 Posts