Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Anyone have this autowatch ghost immobiliser installed? If so what are your thoughts /feedback
:unsure:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, I had it in my last car and moved it to my Evoque after buying. Excellent bit of kit, takes away that niggle about possible key cloning theft, It won't stop your key being cloned but it will stop them driving off with it.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Jaguar Land Rover
Fix? Ultra-wideband

JLR’s keyless tech has been judged secure in independent tests by Which? and the ADAC (German automobile club). Auto Express understands the firm uses ultra-wideband technology. JLR says 90 per cent of cars fitted with its InControl Secure tracker system are recovered after being stolen.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
But would you want it back after some scrote:poop: has ragged it around.❓ I don't think I would. 😡

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the ghost 11 fitted last Wednesday, works very well..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Had the ghost 11 fitted last Wednesday, works very well..
I agree, although mine is the version 1, I understand there are a few more remote functions available with the Mk1.1?
If your car goes in for servicing etc, I find it's much easier to re-programme the ~Ghost Immobiliser to a single button operation, rather than use it's valet function, and then reset to original settings afterwards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts