Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting First Verdict report on the Dynamic Si4. The spec of the car they tested is not available in the UK. With 19" wheels and passive dampers it has beautifully controlled damping at all speeds and is Mike Cross' favourite Eqoque version.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You'd think they would have delayed publication of the review until they were able to get a version which is available in the UK. The pressure to maintain this stream of column inches on all things Evoque obviously got the better of them.
The writing is quite woolly and it's not clear whether it's the S14 which is his favourite, the 19"/passive or both. In any case, common sense suggests the lighter front end, stiffer tyre walls and adaptive damping will improve the turn in and make for the best handling car. Even with 20" wheels, the tyre sidewalls are considerably thicker than I am used to so I expect the ride comfort to be absolutely fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will not even consider buying an Evoque until I can order a Prestige Si4 with a manual gearbox and 19" wheels. At the moment only the 19" wheel option is available.Edited by: martinaston

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Petrol Dynamic is very, very thirsty, I only got 20 mpg at a steady 80 mph on the motorway.
Only available in Automatic, but the gearbox is not suited to the engine, it is constantly hunting for the right gear, making for a very jerky driving experience.

20 inch wheels make the ride far to harsh and the adaptive sususpension is a complete waste of money unless you intend to race it on a track, as all the firmest setting does is make the already harsh ride even harder. So you will leave it normal mode, which means you just wasted £1500.

RBD914

1 - 5 of 5 Posts