Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Evoque is the 1st car I have owned with an automatic gear box. Driven a few but never owned one.
Love the vehicle but just interested in the main differences between Sports mode and Drive.
Done a little reading on the subject already and it seems as though acceleration is more responsive/zippy in Sports mode (correct me if I am wrong). So and as counterintuitive as it sounds, should I use Sports mode around town for accelerating from lights or onto roundabouts etc. And reserve drive mode for motorway or longer drives.
Also is there a fuel consumption difference between the modes?
Thank you

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
163 Posts
Hi, on a modern car it makes little difference round town to your economy. The car uses what fuel it needs depending what you ask if it. On the motorway drive keeps it in the higher gear for longer and has benefits.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,431 Posts
I drove in sports mode most of the time and fuel consumption was a couple of mpg better. Probably due to less hunting between gears,

Reactions: Goudy09

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
142 Posts
I think sports mode just holds the gears longer and higher up the rev range. It doesn't make it any quicker.

·
Registered
235 Posts
On one of my autos, in drive the car would normally pull away in second gear, in sport it would pull away in first and hold it longer before changing up

·
Super Moderator
12,431 Posts
I found the throttle responded much better in sport mode

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I always have the car in sport mode.
Don't forget to reboot your gearbox a la Maffy's recommendation!

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
12,431 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
This reset seems to work well for most cars on here - usually need to do it every month or so as the car gets used to your driving style.

Well worth a try and don't forget to let us know how you get on (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I am a bit confused about the gear adaptations. Isn’t it the point that the car is supposed to get used to your driving style?

Reactions: Whilliam and Binty

·
Registered
2015 range rover evoque dynamic Sd4a
13 Posts
I cant seem to get my gearbox in to Park lucky enough got the handbrake. By following this reset will it help?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Worth a try, but I think it’s only supposed to reset the adaptations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cool will give it a shot! Has anyone had a warning a sign of adaptive dynamics fault? What shall i do with this?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Do you know if your battery has a low charge? Have you had any problems opening the tailgate with the remote? It seems you have a few unrelated issues which could point to a battery in its way out or just low on charge. 🤔

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now you said that, my fob does not lock the car but starts the car???

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,529 Posts
I use drive most of the time and sports (plus dynamic) mode if I’m on a twisty road and in the car on my own. Only other time I use sports mode is if I’m coming up to a busy junction or roundabout and I want to make an instant getaway!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Now you said that, my fob does not lock the car but starts the car???
I think you might have a battery problem, which if charged or replaced might solve your other issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts