Reactions: Bazz and XZ4

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
Reactions: Veteran

Registered
Plus no DPF problems (so they told me)?

Reactions: XZ4

Registered
But a prime target for council grass cutters!!!

Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
I've driven many cars and like a sporty, engaging drive, as I love driving... When you can! So I always choose manual. But in the Evoque we went auto as it is not a sports car and is more of a gentle cruiser designed for a comfortable road drive, even with the state of the British roads! It has a few too many gears I think, as with 9 it's always changing, but it suits the car better than a manual and makes it even more relaxed. Auto in a Range Rover. (y)

Registered
Hi all. I'm looking to buy an Evoque.
Here's my quandary. Do I go auto where my heart says or manual as my mechanic says.
Do the auto boxes give trouble ?
Before I buy I am getting all the information I can to sway me.
Thanks in advance.
Hi RRangie
I would seriously consider the manual as your mechanic advises. I've had a manual for 3 years+ and really love it. You don't say the age of car that you are looking at, but a manual version may be a little cheaper too. If by chance you are buying the new model then I think the only manual they do is the entry-level 2WD. In that case, I would go for the auto and 4WD. Quite honestly the lack of a good manual choice has stopped us buying one of the new models, as we like the higher spec.

Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux 2.2Sd4
If you go for a 9 speed auto with paddles you have all the options covered. (y)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts