Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Has anybody come across an issue with the interior lights not coming on when a door is opened?
If the car is turned off when opening any door on my evoque the interior lights will not automatically turn on even tho I have checked and the lights are set to auto. Once the engine is on the lights work automatically as they should.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Here is the strange way our interior lights have behaved since new.

We have a MY2013 Coupe.
With the vehicle sitting unlocked, whether it is daylight or night, the first time I open either door, the courtesy lights do NOT come on. If I close the door I just opened, and re-open it, OR open the other door, the lights come on.

From that point on, as long as the odometer reading has not timed out, the lights come on the first time either door is opened.
Once the odometer reading has timed out, it takes two openings for the lights to come on.

The above doesn't apply if the vehicle was unlocked with the key fob.

Have you tried opening and closing a door, and then re-opening to see if the lights come on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I tried opening the doors twice and still no lights.
I’ve had the car in the garage and they thought is was the auxiliary battery so that’s been changed and still nothing. May have to take it to Land Rover

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Tried the fuse ? Checked settings that they're on ?

·
Registered
2014 SD4 2.2 pure tech evoque fuuji white
23 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I tried opening the doors twice and still no lights.
I’ve had the car in the garage and they thought is was the auxiliary battery so that’s been changed and still nothing. May have to take it to Land Rover
Hi, I have just bought an Evoque and gave the exact same problem! Did you ever get it sorted? Thanks, David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any body help please? Exactly as above - interior lights Are on Auto.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Try a master reset ??
Disconnect battery and leave for 20 minutes this puts car back into original sync.... fuse? Worth a go before trip to garage

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Donna, the bulbs all work as when the engine is running and you open a door the interior and footwell lights work as they should! When you switch off engine and exit - no lights! Same on entry after unlocking - no lights but start engine and open door or boot and all normal !

·
Registered
Evoque si4 2012
41 Posts
I changed led's to interior yesterday and first there was same problem. I closed doors and opened twice and then put interior light off and on again and then it works. I dont know what was the problem but now it works

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Please let us know the outcome as it will help someone next time it pops up.... thanks

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
OOH! Listen to you Mrs!!!!

·
Registered
2012 sd4 prestige lux, black pack, tech pack, cold climate pack
29 Posts
Just hold the middle light for a few seconds, it will work again (y)

·
Registered
8,859 Posts

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
I'll try, but it will be hard!
Forgive me my sins :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Never confess or say sorry it’s a sign of guilt😘

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
Never said I was going to apologise or confess-just understand my sins!!!
Obviously I dont give a toss!;)

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Thank god for that you’re life expectancy just breathed a sigh of relief ... could of taken a while😂

Reactions: Maffy
1 - 20 of 44 Posts