Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | 4WD | Auto
Looks solid mate 馃憣馃徏

Registered
2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic Lux
Tucks away very nicely into the storage area below the boot floor when not in use!

Registered
They do various ones to fit various wheel sizes. I have 245 45 r20鈥檚 so I went for the Bulldog Sold Secure EM?S?4x4
It cost 拢95 and I paid an extra 拢6 and it was here before lunchtime the next day.

Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | 4WD | Auto
They do various ones to fit various wheel sizes. I have 245 45 r20鈥檚 so I went for the Bulldog Sold Secure EM?S?4x4
It cost 拢95 and I paid an extra 拢6 and it was here before lunchtime the next day.
nice 馃憤馃徏

Super Moderator
Looks to be a decent visual deterrent.

Registered
Exactly!
If you were that way inclined, would you really want to spend half an hour with a 30lb sledge hammer, waking up the whole street, or would you try your luck elsewhere?

Registered
Exactly!
If you were that way inclined, would you really want to spend half an hour with a 30lb sledge hammer, waking up the whole street, or would you try your luck elsewhere?
All you can do is slow them down or deter them. If its too much trouble they will find an easier target.

Think I will get one to,(that is when JLR deem it fit to send me the **** car that is!!!)

Super Moderator
Just don't forget to take it off... 馃槺

Registered
That would be the loud knocking noise from the front....

Reactions: CoolBlueWhyte

Registered
That would be the loud knocking noise from the front....
Ha!
My daughter asked me the same question!

That鈥檚 why I鈥檝e put it on the drivers front wheel, so I don鈥檛 miss seeing it there .
I鈥檓 sure I鈥檒l get into the habit (just like 鈥渃lunk click鈥濔煈嶐煆

Super Moderator
Think i'd be hanging something over the Steering Wheel to say it's there... I know what i'm like! ;)
Actually I'd just buy a steering wheel lock...

Super Moderator
Take the wheel off & lock it indoors?

Registered
There's nothing worse than waking up to your car stolen or broken into. Prevention is far better and less costly.

I have a bright steering wheel lock; a faraday pouch (kept in the back of the house); and CCTV (with large signs!).
Thankfully, I have not had any problems in 4 years - my neighbours have.

Registered
2018 Landmark Moraine Blue Evoque
Glad I'm having my Ghost 2 and S7 immobiliser installed Saturday, far to many being stolen at the moment.

Registered
Hi all,

This is my first post and it鈥檚 a shame it鈥檚 on such a bad note. My wife has just got off the phone to the Police as she for some unknown reason woke up as someone was sitting in the drivers seat of her evoque. How and why she did that I鈥檒l never know, as we have shutters up and you can鈥檛 see out or in. She never heard any noise either, must be a sixth sense?

Anyway the scum bags have managed to get in the car, open it and do what I don鈥檛 know. I鈥檝e literally run out in my shorts with my baseball bat, but they were long gone on their toes.

The car does not have keyless entry, yet does have keyless stop and start. We always doulble lock it on the fob. I鈥檝e looked inside and can鈥檛 see that they鈥檝e had the obd port open or accessed it. No windows were broken and the door does not like it鈥檚 been forced open either. The alarm never sounded either. Both sets of keys are in the house.

How have they managed to gain entry to the car? It sits on my drive, I鈥檝e now blocked it with my van so it can鈥檛 be nicked tonight. I鈥檓 concerned that they will be back and take the car. Any ideas what to do to stop them?

I鈥檓 thinking to buy a stop lock and get cctv up. Anything else?

Thanks for your replies an upto eight keys can be copied to pre 16 reg
Rumour has it that thieves try to get close to your house, e.g. front door because the keys could just very well be inside just behind the door. They then use a repeater (signal strenght extending) to get the signal to your car and that way able to open it from a greater distance, without the key nearby.
How true or possible it is I don't know, but sounds plausible to me.
upto eight keys can be registered to pre 2016 eloquent, I would get a newer KVM fitted which can only have two keys registered to the KVM unit. She had hers done last year and cost 拢750 at Land Rover as the car we brought only had one key. So if you have two keys already it will cost less than that.

Registered
Hi all,

This is my first post and it鈥檚 a shame it鈥檚 on such a bad note. My wife has just got off the phone to the Police as she for some unknown reason woke up as someone was sitting in the drivers seat of her evoque. How and why she did that I鈥檒l never know, as we have shutters up and you can鈥檛 see out or in. She never heard any noise either, must be a sixth sense?

Anyway the scum bags have managed to get in the car, open it and do what I don鈥檛 know. I鈥檝e literally run out in my shorts with my baseball bat, but they were long gone on their toes.

The car does not have keyless entry, yet does have keyless stop and start. We always doulble lock it on the fob. I鈥檝e looked inside and can鈥檛 see that they鈥檝e had the obd port open or accessed it. No windows were broken and the door does not like it鈥檚 been forced open either. The alarm never sounded either. Both sets of keys are in the house.

How have they managed to gain entry to the car? It sits on my drive, I鈥檝e now blocked it with my van so it can鈥檛 be nicked tonight. I鈥檓 concerned that they will be back and take the car. Any ideas what to do to stop them?

I鈥檓 thinking to buy a stop lock and get cctv up. Anything else?

Thanks for your replies and advice.
Plus keep your keys in a faraday bag/pouch

Registered
Plus keep your keys in a faraday bag/pouch
Last point I tried many different companies about getting the spare key for the car, I was told by them and jlr about the KVM so that鈥檚 why I got it changed. It鈥檚 拢45 more at jlr to do the job than at random places in London etc so that why I went to jlr.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts