Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just joined this forum as I'm planning on ordering my Evoque this Saturday (I'm also booked to test drive it) if I can convince myself and get over about the reliability issues of Range Rover I read on the internet.

In summary, it seems Land Rover/Range Rover is least reliable car if this study is accurate:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2024538/Land-Rover-Range-Rover-reliable-cars--reliable-manufacturer.html

Don't get me wrong, I still want to buy the Evoque but given this is a big decision for me, I want to make sure I don't end up going to the garage twice a month. Specially if I'm planning to keep this car for at least 6 years (well after the warranty period).

So for the Evoque owners out there, please can you share your experience so far with your purchase, are there any breakdowns so far if so how serious?

So far, I searched this forum and the two potential breakdown problems getting attention are gearbox problems and crunching sound (under the technical section of this forum).

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Really... go for it! It really is a great car!
Me and my brother were the first petrol engines in the Netherlands (10-2011) and we both didn't have any problems. The ony problem is the hands on outside of the windows from people trying to look inside ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same question, and was impressed by the testing videos and PR that Land Rover deployed with regards to the Evoque, so I decided to buy-in.

However, considering that I've now been to the dealership 3 times in 8,000km (which is close to twice a month), I'd have trouble recommending the Evoque to new owners.

It's really too bad, since this is the best car I've ever owned. I really love everything about it. It's sporty, quiet, looks great, terrain response is awesome, etc. The evoque was designed with drivers like me in mind.

I've had an engine idling problem (they ordered parts, and it was fixed a few days later), then an electronics problem, which was "fixed" for a few weeks, and just reappeared this morning... These problems are critical, so I can't just ignore it and keep driving until I can drop it off at the dealership.

I'm giving it more time in the hope that it will settle down, but I'm not having a great experience so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hbevoque, what model did you go for and is it manual or automatic? From what i gathered most of the issues are coming out of the automatic version. It's a shame, the car looks promising not just for the looks of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a canadian 'Pure' model, automatic (I don't even think we can get the manual version here). It's also 'petrol' powered (as you guys say), we don't have the diesel here either...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would seriously reconsider buying one, had mines less than a month, got the dynamic sd4 plus lux with all the extras. Only done 1086 miles and tonight it's just been offloaded by the AA at the dealership in Edinburgh. Clutch is now fully seized, can't choose any gears, fluid splattered all over the road. Great fun in the middle of evening rush hour. After paying over £40k I expected better. Looks like clutch, gearbox and electronic park brake are all faulty. So disappointed after such a long time looking forward to it arriving. Wish I could be more positive. If I could return it and get my money back, I would with no hesitation. Wish I had my Porsche back :-(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll know tomorrow when I pick up my Evoque.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got mines back, it was the clutch hydraulics. Had to be replaced and reset. Surprisingly had the kit in stock and repaired it in one day. So jury is out, keeping my range rover assist card with me at all times. Fingers yours is trouble free :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DC20 said:
Got mines back, it was the clutch hydraulics. Had to be replaced and reset. Surprisingly had the kit in stock and repaired it in one day. So jury is out, keeping my range rover assist card with me at all times. Fingers yours is trouble free :)
That's good hear. I'm glad they sorted you out quickly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
All I can say is that I've done 15000 miles in mine since october and it's an amazing car.
The looks you get from people as you drive by tell you you've made the right choice.

The car drives superbly.

It works in the snow and got me out of trouble down a snowy track in Scotland.

It's big enough for my family (3 kids)

I would have no hesitation in recommending it as a great car.

Previous cars are VW's Audis BMW and Honda.

One of the great things about buying a new model is that everyone stands and stares.. the bad bit is that inevitably we are at some level the test crew for faults....

Go buy one, you wont be sorry.

Got the roof rails on now and it looks great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
4,000 miles. Back to dealership 3 times in four months. Power steering fails randomly. Sent it back for good. Dangerous!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@ak999, did LR acknowledged the problem? Was it the same power steering for 3 times you were back at the dealership? I'm concern now as i just placed my order.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1st problem was with a faulty gear stick. (manual TD4 Prestige) 2nd problem was power steering failure while driving. Dealership took it in, checked it out and released it 2.1/2 hours later. Next day it failed again while driving. Both occasions on minor roads thankfully! Maybe I was just unlucky?? Gave them it back. Nice to look at though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm peeved with mine, build quality issues and has more rattles than Mothercare. Certainly not as well built as the past German cars I've had and if I could give it back I would.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No issues touch wood after my clutch was replaced. But Eco system doesn't kick in as much now. Starting to think that's maybe part of the issue. Not getting anywhere near the reported miles per gallon. I was so looking forward to this 4x4. Bring back my Porsche all is forgiven. Already thinking about what to go for next, it's such a let down. All garage keep saying is you always get teething issues with a new model. Never did in the cayman s

·
Registered
11 Posts
DC20 , don't tell me your dealer is Stratstone in Cupar ? They have had my car for a total of 18 days and done 480 miles in road tests and it still rattles, tailgate still squeaks when opened and I still can't have the 825w audio system I paid for at above half volume or the doors will rattle themselves off.

I've got an 11 plate Honda CR-V as a runaround and it has better build quality and my wife's E-class Merc is miles ahead of it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Typical Land Rover build quality then...Good ones and .... ones that aren't so good! A lot of the rattles are design / build issues. My dealer had the cheek to tell me it was my kids car seats that were rattling and gave it back to me! I removed them and the car still rattled :) A few weeks later and the boot wouldn't shut...The result was the boot catch was loose! now fixed.....They need a better quality dealer network that gives a damm....

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow guys... I'm the lucky one here.. im now just short of 20000 miles and no rattles, no faults and all feels tight.
I had the grinding noise but thats fixed but vthe build quality is excellent and my previous cars are Audi A5, Honda CRV, BMW 5, VWs etc....

so far so good...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts