Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just returned from a European trip with my 2014 Evoque Dynamic HSE Lux and it was a pure pleasure as the car was faultless.
My only problem was the Satnav which constantly wanted to take me off main roads which were also the best routes.
At the end, I got so fed up that I ended up using Google and Apple maps to guide us through.

I know that this has been posted before but I need to ask again if you don't mind:
- Is there a way to retrofit or via a dealer having Apple Carplay installed on my 2014 Evoque?

I love the Car. It has everything (and more) I need and don't really want to change a very good car for the sake of having Apple Carplay.

Thank you

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,094 Posts
As you say, this comes up quite regularly...
I'm not sure if this recent post by @DWTK meant an infotainment head unit swap to get Android/Carplay?

He's asking for comments here: :)

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Don’t think it is possible i the old system (the one with the buttons down each side of the screen)
but is available on the 10” infotainment system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you say, this comes up quite regularly...
I'm not sure if this recent post by @DWTK meant an infotainment head unit swap to get Android/Carplay?

He's asking for comments here: :)
Thanks mate. I'll check it out

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don’t think it is possible i the old system (the one with the buttons down each side of the screen)
but is available on the 10” infotainment system.
I've came across several places in UK that sell a retrofit unit and the best one so far is the once mentioned on this forum (Unique Auto Development) but some people are complaining about the quality of the product and the brigtness which is a bit too much especially at night.

·
Registered
2015 Dynamic Lux - Fuji white with the black rimmmms
33 Posts
Good news guys it is possible of having carplay and wireless as that in 2014 evoque I have done it . Wife has taken the car today so can’t take videos but can send over what you need .

There’s two options you have

1) expensive option - replace the current screen with 10 inch android option . This is around 650 quid . I’m going to help a mate install this in car. Will have new functions plus has access to oem

2 ) cheaper options - add in android unit ( replace sat nav . Basically you install android module in the car . With carplay dongle . You essentially have dual OS so you don’t loose any of the oem car stuff eg dab , parking trip . You simply push the nav button to swap into android os . Touch screen works in mode also . This options is around 320 all in I think ok offer . There’s loads of variants on AliExpress . Below is the combo I bought . But that was two years ago .

£328.90 18% Off | Android Car Radio DVD GPS Navigation Central Multimedia for Evoque Cheryevoque Range Rover Sport HSE Freelander 4 2013 2014 2015

£39.90 53% Off | Carlinkit Wireless Apple CarPlay /Android Auto Carplay Smart Link USB Dongle for Android Navigation Player Mirrorlink /IOS 13

I got some videos to do over weekend for other members will do one showing carplay / android os

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've came across several places in UK that sell a retrofit unit and the best one so far is the once mentioned on this forum (Unique Auto Development) but some people are complaining about the quality of the product and the brigtness which is a bit too much especially at night.
Yeah brightness was an issue . Some reason the android os won’t dim . Workaround was to use a free dimming app on the unit . Which does the job .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news guys it is possible of having carplay and wireless as that in 2014 evoque I have done it . Wife has taken the car today so can’t take videos but can send over what you need .

There’s two options you have

1) expensive option - replace the current screen with 10 inch android option . This is around 650 quid . I’m going to help a mate install this in car. Will have new functions plus has access to oem

2 ) cheaper options - add in android unit ( replace sat nav . Basically you install android module in the car . With carplay dongle . You essentially have dual OS so you don’t loose any of the oem car stuff eg dab , parking trip . You simply push the nav button to swap into android os . Touch screen works in mode also . This options is around 320 all in I think ok offer . There’s loads of variants on AliExpress . Below is the combo I bought . But that was two years ago .

£328.90 18% Off | Android Car Radio DVD GPS Navigation Central Multimedia for Evoque Cheryevoque Range Rover Sport HSE Freelander 4 2013 2014 2015

£39.90 53% Off | Carlinkit Wireless Apple CarPlay /Android Auto Carplay Smart Link USB Dongle for Android Navigation Player Mirrorlink /IOS 13

I got some videos to do over weekend for other members will do one showing carplay / android os

Thank you.
Looking forward to see the videos.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you go to the first aliexpress link there is a video by seller . You can get a quick look see on the android os and how it works with oem . The carplay is just add on to that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you go to the first aliexpress link there is a video by seller . You can get a quick look see on the android os and how it works with oem . The carplay is just add on to that.

Will do, thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Something to note if carplay / android auto is only what you considering . The cheapest android unit will probably do . As it becomes a dumb unit as processing is done on phone . Not the unit .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts