Evoque Owners Club banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
Discussion Starter #81
Just collected my car and Apple CarPlay is there and the system updated to the 3 block design etc - looks soooooo much better and seems more responsive too so happy days.

Just about worth the 4 day wait and the hassles haha 馃檶馃徏

Registered
Glad it turned out positive for you in the end, think yourself lucky it was only 4 days. :)
Different starting point, but when I first got my MY18 I noticed it wouldn't play audio cd's (dvd's fine), diagnosed as a software issue, so I got the 3 block update as an incidental to that fix..... but it took them over a week and umpteen reloads before they got it sorted. :rolleyes:
Just check everything else is still working, I found the Route app wouldn't connect - needed a related piece of software updating to suit the other, then later I noticed the web browser wasn't working - that required the TCU to be replaced.

Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
Discussion Starter #83
All seems to be working so far 馃檹馃徏

Reactions: Col_C

Registered
Glad it turned out positive for you in the end, think yourself lucky it was only 4 days. :)
Different starting point, but when I first got my MY18 I noticed it wouldn't play audio cd's (dvd's fine), diagnosed as a software issue, so I got the 3 block update as an incidental to that fix..... but it took them over a week and umpteen reloads before they got it sorted. :rolleyes:
Just check everything else is still working, I found the Route app wouldn't connect - needed a related piece of software updating to suit the other, then later I noticed the web browser wasn't working - that required the TCU to be replaced.
My GPS would not leave the JLR car park.......no matter where you drive the car it thought it was still sat on the dealer car park....they had to reload the software.....so yes check everything works after the update !

Registered
My GPS would not leave the JLR car park.......no matter where you drive the car it thought it was still sat on the dealer car park....they had to reload the software.....so yes check everything works after the update !
The numerous software modules are often interconnected so need to be in-sync after updating. Obviously complicated, but frankly most dealers seem not up to the job. My local has only one "master technician" (read vaguely knows what he's doing), and he frequently has to refer to JLR TechAssist at HQ, so anything software related takes forever to get sorted.
As car's become ever more technical dealers / technicians need to up their game, JLR charge "professional" rates but we're often not getting professional service IMO.

Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
Hi there,

Sorry to pull up an old(ish) thread but I have just been told that my 17-plate Evoque HSE Dynamic Lux does not qualify for the complimentary incontrol upgrade.

Does anyone know what the criteria for qualifying is? I have the 10.2" screen, have Nav, Have the SIM card slot, Have the USB slots.

Very confused!!!

Thanks Paul

Super Moderator
My last Evoque was a 17 reg HSE Dynamic Lux and I managed to get a complimentary upgrade to Apple CarPlay. .

Registered
Discussion Starter #88
They have pulled it currently due to COVID. Though it varies by franchise in regards to what the dealer will tell you.

Registered
They have pulled it currently due to COVID. Though it varies by franchise in regards to what the dealer will tell you.
Well that鈥檚 a crock of sh1t!!
The cars going in for a faulty front camera anyway so they could just do it while it鈥檚 there. I鈥檒l be kicking off to customer services if and when they reply if that鈥檚 the case!!
Paul

Registered
My last Evoque was a 17 reg HSE Dynamic Lux and I managed to get a complimentary upgrade to Apple CarPlay. .
Veteran,

interesting!
As an aside...did your Lux have TV as standard?

paul

Registered
Discussion Starter #91
Well that鈥檚 a crock of sh1t!!
The cars going in for a faulty front camera anyway so they could just do it while it鈥檚 there. I鈥檒l be kicking off to customer services if and when they reply if that鈥檚 the case!!
Paul
It鈥檚 not an easy job to do - mine was in for 4 days when they did mine in January as the download kept crashing. If it crashes your system expect to pay around 拢1,400 to get your car back (I was lucky and had any prices waived due to some reasons I won鈥檛 go into publicly on here).

also different franchises give you different reasons as to why it 鈥渃an鈥檛 be done鈥.

good luck bro!

Registered
THe problem is that it ties up a bay in the service centre for at least 1/2 a day and so I think that is why they seem to have withdrawn the free offer ....I presume they would be happy for you to pay for it as your cars seems to qualify hardware wise :unsure:

Registered
Discussion Starter #93
THe problem is that it ties up a bay in the service centre for at least 1/2 a day and so I think that is why they seem to have withdrawn the free offer ....I presume they would be happy for you to pay for it as your cars seems to qualify hardware wise :unsure:
Mine was in for 4 days as the download kept crashing!

Registered
Well the free offer is still on the website so I shall be claiming it.
As for paying 拢1400 if they brick my car with their software I鈥檇 like to see them enforce that. If they offer it they鈥檒l be taking responsibility for it!

Registered
As for paying 拢1400 if they brick my car with their software I鈥檇 like to see them enforce that. If they offer it they鈥檒l be taking responsibility for it!
Yep, I鈥檝e stated the same thing .....the website is still active promoting the FREE upgrade........good luck and let us know how you get on........it is one of the best car integrations I;ve used so well worth it......without it I don;t think I would have kept the evoque (I ended up cancelling an XC40 due in march)

Edit : just to clarify there are two separate updates ie the Free one is for the Smartphone pack to enable Apple CarPlay / android auto but before you can get that you must have the latest software ie from the original 鈥4 block鈥 to the 鈥3 bar鈥 with SOTA (software over wifi updates) features.......that is not part of the FREE smartphone pack so you would need to argue for both I think if you are not on the latest 3 bar software........

Also answered on the other thread but for MY17 TV and dual view was not standard on any model......I paid for as options on my autobiography......they used to be standard on some Trim levels but removed in MY17, I nearly missed that change when ordering my car which is why I remember it ;-)

Registered
Discussion Starter #96
They state for 鈥渆ligible鈥 vehicles. They can, technically, therefore move the scale of what defines 鈥渆ligible鈥 however and whenever they want. Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter #97
The won鈥檛 attempt it unless you agree to this. Therefore if you don鈥檛 agree, no upgrade. This is specific to Stratstone franchises

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
I bought my 2016 model Dynamic Lux not realising they had made the Dynamic suspension an option 馃 Had on our 2014 model and used it a lot.

Registered
They are sneaky aren鈥檛 they :rolleyes: .....I added it to my order as I鈥檓 used to active suspension on cars ....it was an expensive option and I did not realise it used to be standard (not sure if it was standard on the original autobiographies though or just the dynamic models?)

Reactions: XZ4

Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
Physically there is no reason why your car should not get the upgraded smartphone pack, but first you need to get the (N377) incontrol touch pro update. You can check on Topix if this campaign is outstanding on your Evoque. That is something the dealer cannot refuse to do.
Installing the smartphone pack itself plus installing the hardware/cabling on my Evoque PLUS updating my Car Configuration File was done by an independant in less than 2 hours! Go figure.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts