Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 81 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I need to delete the other thread as I’ll keep this one up to date.

I advised them not to do it and said I’d collect car later that day. I then got a call back stating it would be fine as the car it crashed on previously wasn’t the same spec as mine. So I agreed for them to go ahead.

They applied the update and it crashed the system. JLR had to remote in or do something to make it work again which they didn’t do till late PM today.

Now a case of them attempting the update again tomorrow. I’ll let you know how I get on!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
🤞

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
I've deleted your other thread as requested 👍

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Now that is raw power 👏

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
For the “inconvenience” of having my car longer than they said, I’ve managed to get me next service for more than half price (not amazing but I’ll take it as it’s a big service).

Hate to sound scruffy (lol) but is there anything else people have had joy with getting “free” from dealers for inconvenience or anything? Or any ideas of what to try? Realistic suggestions, or course 😂🙏🏼

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
I got my side steps under half price plus free fitting (side steps are a must have on an Evoque). Got front mud flaps fitted free on my Jag. Free CarPlay on 1 of my Evoques. Got a free £650 "B" service on the Jag. Free Evoque & Jaguar umbrellas 👍

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I could do with replacing my old Merc umbrella with a LR one! Ha
Ill give the side steps a go as well, why not :)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I got a free test drive, other than that I got diddly squat. Couldn’t even get a brolly out of them.

·
Registered
MY17 | HSE Dynamic | White | Black Pack | Pano Roof | Side Steps | Auto 9 Speed | Powered Tailgate
5 Posts
I've also enquired about the complimentary upgrade to : [email protected] and have just received this email in response:-

I have also emailed both my local Land Rover dealers (Preston & Liverpool) over a week ago, but they have not responded yet!

Any suggestions on my next move folks?
Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
41 Posts
I've had the Car Play update installed 2 years ago, happily still under guarantee. It took them a week and they had to replace several hardware modules as the update wrecked it...

Wish you better luck!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Managed to get through to the dealer (after phoning on the hour, every hour since 11! Ha)

Anyway, update was attempted again this morning and it crashed again.

However the update is running again now and has progressed further than before so they think it will be sorted, however they will phone me in the next hour or so to confirm.

I’ll keep you all posted! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
41 Posts
Good luck! What I understood is that this update is a very lengthy procedure... If I remember correctly they can try it maximum 2 times a day because it takes so long

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
they shut at 6pm tonight so I’m hoping I get a call in the next hour!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Let’s just hope they don’t send you a photo of the head unit removed.....

4F745E32-032C-4065-9D7B-90AEB3D75949.jpeg

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Called with 50 mins to go to closing to say car all done - they just need to clean it.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to get a lift until tomorrow now so will have to be another update then!

Excited to have Apple CarPlay and the new 3 block design system etc

Will provide photos etc tomorrow as well :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
The android auto is well worth having....Google maps via this is one of the best implementation in car I have seen.....you don’t get the directions in the driver binnacle display screen like you do with the built in nav but otherwise its better than the built in by far......seemless integration otherwise with reverse cameras etc...working as they should.......it was just a massive and Free bonus for me when we got it installed ;-)....the extra bonus of course being that you do not need to pay JLR ridiculous fees for map updates and live traffic once out the initial 3 year supply !

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Absolutely. I had Apple CarPlay in my old car and Google Maps on their is seamless 👍🏼

SOTA updates as well 👌🏼

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I've also enquired about the complimentary upgrade to : [email protected] and have just received this email in response:-
View attachment 7225

I have also emailed both my local Land Rover dealers (Preston & Liverpool) over a week ago, but they have not responded yet!

Any suggestions on my next move folks?
Thanks
Ian
Try a different dealer mate and possibly one from a different franchise to the ones you have already tried?

Reactions: Ian Callaghan

·
Registered
2016 TD4 180 HSE MY17
81 Posts
I've had the Car Play update installed 2 years ago, happily still under guarantee. It took them a week and they had to replace several hardware modules as the update wrecked it...

Wish you better luck!
You don't by any chance have a list on the invoice or anywhere else of which modules were replaced? Online service records perhaps?

·
Registered
41 Posts
You don't by any chance have a list on the invoice or anywhere else of which modules were replaced? Online service records perhaps?
No, Sorry. It was done under guarantee and I never received an invoice for it.

61 - 81 of 142 Posts