Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all!

I pick up my MY17 Evoque on Saturday (can’t wait!) and I’m wondering if it will have had the complimentary upgrade to include Apple CarPlay.

My car has the InControl Touch Pro Nav.

Many thanks in advance!

Jack

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Hi Jack. Welcome to the forum. What spec, model & colour did you choose? Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new ride.
If it’s from a JLR dealer, you could give them a call & ask the same question & see if it’s possible for them to do any software upgrade (they should have checked this anyway) before you collect it.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome - much appreciated!

Its a HSE Dynamic in black - won’t let me post a photo!. Not from a JLR dealer but I could always call my local JLR dealer and ask them if they will do it? I know the MY17 don’t come with Apple CarPlay as standard.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I think if it’s possible to do so, your local JLR dealer will be happy to sort it for you. I’m not sure how much they might want in return though 🤔 If it’s a complimentary upgrade as you say, theoretically it should be a foc process.

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Apple carplay came as part of the Phase 4 update- I got it FOC as my bluetooth connection kept dropping so a software update cored that and it included the apple play.
Is your bluetooth connection working ok ? ;)

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the dealer do it free of charge? Baring in mind I won’t have purchased it from that dealer.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I don’t think it matters where you got the car, as long as it’s a complimentary upgrade any JLR dealership should do the job foc.
maybe you WILL be having Bluetooth issues too that the phase 4 software update will cure 🤔😉

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Depends when it was registered in 2017, it might still be covered by the full JLR 3 year warranty anyway 🤔

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha if it doesn’t have it I’ll be reporting it! I assume it’s A well known Issue this Bluetooth connectivity and that phase 4 cures it?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Almost every Evoque ever made had this issue 🤭🤫🤥

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Funnily enough, yes it is an issue that LR recognise, not that i would ever encouage you to say something was broken!;)

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depends when it was registered in 2017, it might still be covered by the full JLR 3 year warranty anyway 🤔
It was registered November 2016 so it is a MY17 but out of 3 year warranty unfortunately!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funnily enough, yes it is an issue that LR recognise, not that i would ever encouage you to say something was broken!;)
I will hint at this if they won’t update it for me ha

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Can't do any harm.-they can only say no.
Where abouts are you in the UK?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
It was registered November 2016 so it is a MY17 but out of 3 year warranty unfortunately!
Not to worry, if it’s a complimentary upgrade I don’t think it matters if it’s out of factory warranty. A foc upgrade is a foc upgrade.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
North East

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Like Maffy has said, worse case scenario is they say no & it’s cost you nothing & you‘re no worse off. You could always offer to pay as a last resort if it’s something that’s important to you .

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’ve got Apple CarPlay now with the car I’m PXing and I really do like it if I’m honest.

Hopefully they will sort FOC. Not sure how much they’d charge if I had to pay....

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I wouldn’t have thought it would be a fortune, what am I saying, everything costs a fortune at a JLR dealer !!!

I have to admit, mine has Apple car play & I’ve yet to try it, but then I’ve only just found out about the “hold” feature when stopped at lights or junctions. 😁

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
“Hopefully they will sort FOC. Not sure how much they’d charge if I had to pay....”

you could get a solicitor to have a look at it, they have cheaper hourly rates 🤑

Reactions: Veteran
1 - 20 of 142 Posts