Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Evoque (Landmark) 67 plate (Manual)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to get Apple CarPlay installed on my evoque landmark, but the cheapest price fitted is £700 from a place in Nottingham, so I’m wondering if my fellow Evoque enthusiast could help me out and recommend any cheaper options?

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
475 Posts
I've thought long and hard about this myself - you can buy the kit in the UK for about £500/550 and fit it yourself. There's a good YouTube video showing you how, so you could save £150.
On the other hand, let that place in Beeston do it and they'll sort out all the problems you might encounter.
Personally I've decided to forget about it altogether and plug my phone into the *** lighter socket - there's a lot better things that £500/700 will buy (so her indoors tells me).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
😂😂…yeah pretty much thought is was going to get that answer 👍…is it true it’s a better sound through apple CarPlay?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've thought long and hard about this myself - you can buy the kit in the UK for about £500/550 and fit it yourself. There's a good YouTube video showing you how, so you could save £150.
On the other hand, let that place in Beeston do it and they'll sort out all the problems you might encounter.
Personally I've decided to forget about it altogether and plug my phone into the *** lighter socket - there's a lot better things that £500/700 will buy (so her indoors tells me).
I’m looking to get Apple CarPlay installed on my evoque landmark, but the cheapest price fitted is £700 from a place in Nottingham, so I’m wondering if my fellow Evoque enthusiast could help me out and recommend any cheaper options?
😂😂…yeah pretty much thought is was going to get that answer 👍…do you know if its true that it’s a better sound through apple CarPlay?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm not sure about that - would obviously be better through the cars system than through my phone. Surely the quality of sound is dependent on the quality of whatever it's being played on/through.
Sorry I can't be more helpful - someone will come along soon and say 'that because you've got a 67 plate here's some other options'.

Rob.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I not sure about that - would obviously be better through the cars system than through my phone. Surely the quality of sound is dependent on the quality of whatever it's being played on/through.
Sorry I can't be more helpful - someone will come along soon and say 'that because you've got a 67 plate here's some other options'.

Rob.
Yeah that’s what I thought, but the guys at Beeston Nottingham who fit the Apple CarPlay advertise that it sounds better through CarPlay due to better components..so I’m trying to workout whether it’s a selling gimmick or actually true….I’ll do some homework and find out..

thanks for your help 👍👍👍

·
Registered
475 Posts
Give them a call. They're only a couple of miles away from me, that's why I was tempted. A new cam belt and replacing the steering rack bolts seem like a better bet for me - not that I'll likely notice the difference haha 😆.

Rob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.