Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
640 Posts
It’s definitely franchise specific as Stratstone did mine back in January. I emailed them.

Just have your fingers crossed your system doesn’t crash as it will leave you with a £1,400+ bill to sort!

Reactions: Chambedw

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just a quick update. Car is going in tomorrow for the dealer to apply the update. He says th it takes about 4 hours so will keep it overnight. It will also allow him to charge the battery in an attempt to get the start/stop working.
I’ll report back with an update

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
352 Posts
Just a quick update. Car is going in tomorrow for the dealer to apply the update. He says th it takes about 4 hours so will keep it overnight. It will also allow him to charge the battery in an attempt to get the start/stop working.
I’ll report back with an update
How did it all go with the update?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So, many apologies for the delay in replying.
It’s been epic getting this sorted. Dealer was happy to do, and didn’t charge anything which is a positive, however it took 5 days to achieve as he ran the updates overnight and on a couple of occasions it caused the system to crash and totally screwup the car display. Anyway, he ended up talking to JLR supp who managed to remotely connect to the car and eventually sorted everything out.
I left the dealership with Version 19c (if I remember correctly) and after the chaos of installation I was seriously worried about what would happen during the 21a update. Anyway, the update happened automatically and I’m now on S21-A21.10.6-676616. Only downside is tha is that I am now experiencing the issue with no audio alerts for speed cameras or the sat nav telling me to manoeuvre at a junction. Got to try and work that out today.

·
Registered
352 Posts
This sounds like the saga my car has been/is away to go through.
I was booked in for yesterday for this to be done but I got a call from the dealer saying they want to book me in next week and will do a colletion and delivery for me and have booked me a courtesy car for 5 days so they can carry out the work and have time to speak to JLR support if needed.
Good to hear they managed to get it all sorted for you, hopefully mines will be the same.
Interesting on the speed camera notification being lost, if you get that sorted would be interested in knowing how.
What's the issue with junctions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Same issue as with speed cameras. Zero volume. The junction or manoeuvre appears on screen but no voice notification

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Having spent the morning playing with the satnav, I believe that there must be a missing or corrupt file that contains the voices that tell you to turn left etc.

So when I’m driving up to a junction or a speed camera the radio volume drops for a few seconds during the period that the announcement would be made.

I guess it’s back to the dealership unless there’s some way of getting the file over WiFi. I might ring JLR support on Monday and see.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think it might be related to the following on Topix, but I haven’t paid to look at it

SSM75416 - InControl Touch Pro - Post 21A Update - Apple Carplay Navigation Voice Guidance Not Heard'

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think it might be related to the following on Topix, but I haven’t paid to look at it

SSM75416 - InControl Touch Pro - Post 21A Update - Apple Carplay Navigation Voice Guidance Not Heard'
That would be interesting to see before mines goes in on Thursday so I can ask them about it specifically.
Will definitely be mentioning that want it checked for speed camera notification as there is a camera not too far from my dealer so there should be no excuse not to check.

If you do find a copy of that I would be keen to see it also

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well that's my car just been collected and on its way to the dealer for the update...will see what happens.
Been left a 21 plate R-Dynamic S D200 as a loan car. Will see what like this evening when I go pick my daughter up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Good luck.
JLR support were useless, just told me to go back to the dealership :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well that's my car just been collected and on its way to the dealer for the update...will see what happens.
Been left a 21 plate R-Dynamic S D200 as a loan car. Will see what like this evening when I go pick my daughter up.
So @Elpaulio how did it go with the update?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Apparently it went well, they called yesterday evening saying it’s done and CarPlay is installed.
Will get the car back Monday or Tuesday when they collect the courtesy car. Will give an update when I have it back 👌🏻
One question for you, what navigation version do you have installed? Wondering if an old version isn’t fully compatible with the new software.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Apparently it went well, they called yesterday evening saying it’s done and CarPlay is installed.
Will get the car back Monday or Tuesday when they collect the courtesy car. Will give an update when I have it back 👌🏻
One question for you, what navigation version do you have installed? Wondering if an old version isn’t fully compatible with the new software.
Hopefully they won’t apply version 21A 🤞🤞

·
Registered
352 Posts
Haha, who knows which version I’ll have! Think I’d rather version 21a and have the logging out of nav fixed and no speed camera warnings than the other way round.
Meant to say, the bulletin you had noticed looks like it’s for sounds when connected and playing through CarPlay, ie Waze or google maps notifications not native nav. That was why I was wondering if your nav is up to date or not?!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well the car is back and I've had a quick look and play about.
Came with 19C installed and I have set it to update to S21A_21.10.6-676616 which it's sat connected to the wifi doing as we speak. Apparently only a 60Mb update which I thought was quite small.

Only issue I have noticed so far is that the Sat Nav still thinks it is at the dealers, yet the InContol Remote app knows it is home. Did this happen to you or did yours just work straight away?
I did go for a short drive around with Sat Nav open and the arrow didn't move.
I'm going to wait until S21A is installed and then do a power off reset (Hold the power button down) and see if that fixes it. If not a call to the dealer will be in order.
If that doesn't clear it will start a separate thread

Settings show options for CarPlay so will take a lead out with me shortly as I need to go to the Post Office. Was going to pay to get the map updates for the next 3 years as I am going on a 300 mile round trip on Thursday but loathed too now if the GPS isn't even working!

Interface is a lot clearer and nicer to use than the old one, first impressions are I'm very impressed with it. Let's just hope the Sat Nav issue gets sorted easily!

Reactions: Veteran
21 - 37 of 37 Posts