Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Still finding my way round this font of information, so than for all the tips I’ve picked up so far. I have a 67 plate Evoque (registered Nov 17) and I can’t find car play. Not sure if it is possible. Screen shots are belo. Can anyone tell me if I should have it.
also sometimes I see mentions of MY17 or MY20. What does this reference?
thanks
7A278532-4C90-4223-AC75-0B403F4A50E9.jpeg 08A8662F-6F9F-4491-B966-DA313EF80222.jpeg 4D38ADA5-DEDD-45A0-A617-3BABAA981845.jpeg 2C9CAAAA-BABA-4AD7-90E7-AFD8F49812BD.jpeg F5091F35-108D-4B00-B2E0-946B633FB93F.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Apple CarPlay is not standard fitting on all models. I. Not sure which came with it and others had to pay for retro fitting. Someone will be along soon I’m sure, with more info

Reactions: Bud ski

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,563 Posts
I think you need a software update to get Carplay. MY17 and MY20 are model year. Yours is MY17 or larer as it has the wider sat nav screen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you need a software update to get Carplay. MY17 and MY20 are model year. Yours is MY17 as it has the wider sat nav screen.
Thanks. Sorry for the continued dumb questions, but can I update the software on WiFi or do I have to go to a dealer?

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
333 Posts
Does your Home Screen have four different buttons or is it split into three columns?
If it’s four buttons then you have the old style software and this needs a dealer visit update to the three column version. This then gives you SOTA (software over the air) update capability.
The smartphone pack gives you Apple CarPlay which Land Rover have stopped doing at the moment for some reason.
If you went in with Bluetooth issues then you may get the SOTA update but they won’t do the smartphone pack as it’s been pulled at JLR level not dealer level for just now.
If I hear of it coming back (as I want it to and have the old software lol) I’ll let you know 👍🏻

Reactions: XZ4 and Bud ski

·
Registered
531 Posts
Its worth you looking at this thread....the later pages are up to date for the current position with JLR re the “software” pack.......

MY17 means manufacture year specification.....they actually start making MY cars in the later part of the year before.....this can vary by manufacturer and even manufacturer from year to year as it traditionally ran with factory shutdowns when tooling etc....was changed ie it can be around Sept/Oct........it is not the year the car was registered on the road......as your car is a Nov17 registered car it is likely a late MY17 car but could also be an early MY18 car.....usually there is part of the VIN code which confirms but I’m not familiar enough with the JLR VIN codes to advise further..........sometimes MY years are more important than others in terms of “differences” and so far as I know MY17 to MY18 there where no significant differences but the previous year ie MY15 — MY16—MY17 there where some significant differences eg from cosmetic “facelifts” to the tech used in the car.......also options / standard features can change from MY to MY ie what was standard in one year may be a cost option in another and vice versa

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your Home Screen have four different buttons or is it split into three columns?
If it’s four buttons then you have the old style software and this needs a dealer visit update to the three column version. This then gives you SOTA (software over the air) update capability.
The smartphone pack gives you Apple CarPlay which Land Rover have stopped doing at the moment for some reason.
If you went in with Bluetooth issues then you may get the SOTA update but they won’t do the smartphone pack as it’s been pulled at JLR level not dealer level for just now.
If I hear of it coming back (as I want it to and have the old software lol) I’ll let you know 👍🏻
Thanks. I have the 4 buttons display. 😩
does the software update cost ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
No it was a free update by JLR .....in fact cars had it as a dealer update on TOPIX so dealers should have installed it when a car was in for a service etc.......but in practice they seem not to and most owners had to ask for it........

......the smartphone pack was a cost BUT JLR offered it for free......they did not write to owners to tell them nor was it a dealer update on TOPIX for your car so owners had to be aware of it and ask for it.......again a lot of people never knew they could get it .....a lot of MY17 cars are still running the original software and don;t have the smartphone pack fitted.......as stated above JLR have recently pulled the Smartphone pack, hopefully they will offer it again in the future and FOC......nb you need to check that you have the SIM card slot in the centre cubby (near the USB slots) to ensure you have the correct wiring harness to support the smartphone pack comms

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it was a free update by JLR .....in fact cars had it as a dealer update on TOPIX so dealers should have installed it when a car was in for a service etc.......but in practice they seem not to and most owners had to ask for it........

......the smartphone pack was a cost BUT JLR offered it for free......they did not write to owners to tell them nor was it a dealer update on TOPIX for your car so owners had to be aware of it and ask for it.......again a lot of people never knew they could get it .....a lot of MY17 cars are still running the original software and don;t have the smartphone pack fitted.......as stated above JLR have recently pulled the Smartphone pack, hopefully they will offer it again in the future and FOC......nb you need to check that you have the SIM card slot in the centre cubby (near the USB slots) to ensure you have the correct wiring harness to support the smartphone pack comms
Thanks for the continued assistance. I do have the SIM card slot so I’m part of the way there.
I’ll see if my friendly local dealer will do the software update for me

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,604 Posts
Possibly unrelated but I’ve just got a MY 2017 Audi A3. Been trying to synch car play to it and I’ve just found out my one only works with the usb cable. I think it’s only the very latest models that can do it wirelessly. That’s Audi though.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes the V1 Evoques with the Smartphone pack are usb connection only (hence the reason you need the correct USB harness which bizarrely is indicated by having the SIM slot not the USB connectors even though you don’t use the cars SIM for this) ....I believe the v2 Evoques can do wireless ?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Don’t know about the MY21’s but the MY20 is still usb. Not wireless I’m afraid.

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Black | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
640 Posts
Hard wire = better sound quality 🕺🏽

·
Registered
2017 (MY18) Carpathian Grey (with Black Pack) Range Rover Evoque HSE Si4 290 Dynamic Coupé
61 Posts
OK, don't want to come across like I'm assuming you're a bit thick (honestly!). But, I had the exact same problem.

I couldn't find CarPlay anywhere!!!

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the four dots at the bottom of the main screen and realised that it meant I was on 'page 1 of 4'! DUH!! I swiped the screen left and there it was!!

So, I'm not saying you're dumb! I couldn't find it either!

PS. Or you just might not have it installed!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Loire Blue | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
4 Posts
I’ve picked up my 66 plate Evoque last week and it has the incontrol touch pro, it had been updated to the new software but not with carplay/android. JLR still offer it for free Complimentary InControl Upgrade
So I followed the find my local retailer and clicked book a service but used the “I don’t know what service I want” which is £0 to book and in the box I typed I want to book for the complimentary smartphone upgrade. And they phoned me back confirmed my booking and was done couple days later but had to be in for the whole day.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hmmmm....maybe I need to try that then. Did you do this recently?

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic MY17 | Loire Blue | Black Pack | Smartphone Pack | SOTA | 4WD | Auto
4 Posts
Hmmmm....maybe I need to try that then. Did you do this recently?
Yeah last week! This is my second Evoque my17 I regretted getting rid so went back. And it’s second time they’ve done this. I’ve had the car 1.5 weeks and wanted it done ASAP incase this offer ends. So I’d get on it. Plus they advertise it on their webpage. They followed covid protocol great when dropped it off.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have tried calling and been in touch with customer services and they told me they are not doing it at the moment! Think will try the website way you have mentioned. Did you just reference the link?
Problem I have is that I don’t have the latest software, I’m still on the four buttons version rather than three blocks.
will definitely be on again tomorrow and saying that I know others have had it done since I was told no and see what they say! 👍🏻

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have tried calling and been in touch with customer services and they told me they are not doing it at the moment! Think will try the website way you have mentioned. Did you just reference the link?
Problem I have is that I don’t have the latest software, I’m still on the four buttons version rather than three blocks.
will definitely be on again tomorrow and saying that I know others have had it done since I was told no and see what they say! 👍🏻
Follow that link and enter it. Cause you’re booking it through JLR on the website they can’t turn you down surely? My local one is Derby Inchcape if that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2EF4D9EB-B53D-4352-A9A8-0CB7EDF42592.png
On the special operations I entered that I want the complimentary smartphone upgrade and went from there. If I did by phone maybe they’d try not let me do it but I did all online :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts