Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be so many negative posts regarding the P300e hybrid Evoque on here lately. I have absolutely nothing negative to report about mine, only praise. For the last 8 months it has been completely faultless and does everything I was told it would do...and more. Are there any other P300e owners on this forum that have had a problem free experience with their car so far, or is it just me ?

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Font

·
Registered
P300e MY2021 Nolita Edition, Seoul Pearl Silver, Nolita Grey roof, sliding sunroof, Cloud , towbar
140 Posts
Very happy with it too. No problems at all... and contrary to 4ndy I do install updates which solved a few small annoying bugs in the beginning with Pivi. One thing however I think needs improvement is the setup of charging and preconditioning periods.

·
Registered
P300e R-Dynamic SE. Firenze Red. Black Wheels. Privacy Glass. MY21
135 Posts
I’ve had to have some parts changed on the ICE that were causing the engine check light to trigger, but apart from that it is brilliant.
I update the software as soon as new releases appear and these fix the bugs with Pivi. Looking forward to the latest version.
I drive it as a hybrid and let it decide when to us the ICE or the EV or both, that way it keeps the ICE lubricated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good post @4ndy. I was was going to ask this question myself, but didn’t want to come across as negative as my experience hasn’t been great as you know. I’m genuinely interested to hear about fault free experiences . From November last year , to April, I did 4000 miles without putting any further petrol in from the day it was delivered. For my 30ish miles a day commute , it performed exactly as it was sold to me - EV all the way. From the first fault developing in April , sadly the experience has gone down hill. I now have to fill it up with petrol every month to compensate for the ICE kicking in randomly on almost every journey. ( sometimes for the full journey despite 100% charge)

When the EV behaves as it should I absolutely love it.

First annual service tomorrow followed by a list of faults to be rectified.🤞

Reactions: 4ndy

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oooo I like this post .. it makes me happy ;)
Good post @4ndy. I was was going to ask this question myself, but didn’t want to come across as negative as my experience hasn’t been great as you know. I’m genuinely interested to hear about fault free experiences . From November last year , to April, I did 4000 miles without putting any further petrol in from the day it was delivered. For my 30ish miles a day commute , it performed exactly as it was sold to me - EV all the way. From the first fault developing in April , sadly the experience has gone down hill. I now have to fill it up with petrol every month to compensate for the ICE kicking in randomly on almost every journey. ( sometimes for the full journey despite 100% charge)

When the EV behaves as it should I absolutely love it.

First annual service tomorrow followed by a list of faults to be rectified.🤞
Thank you both, that was my hope with this post. I was starting to feel a little guilty that my car has been so wonderful and also 100% reliable, while others are having so many problems. I realise that the P300e is a complex machine with lots that could potentially go wrong but surely I can't be the only owner with a totally faultless car? I would genuinely love to hear from other satisfied owners....if only to ease my conscience a little 😊

·
Registered
P300e HSE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey MY21 Pivi Pro Pan Roof Tow Bar
140 Posts
I've had my P300e for just over 2 months and have completed 2500 miles of which 450 was towing a 1500 Kg caravan, initially I had a problem with the brake assist which was corrected very quickly by my garage with a software up-date and that's about it. I have had other issues caused by me but nothing serious plus an up-date problem which corrected itself once I connected to the home wifi.

I always drive it as a hybrid (never touched the EV button) and saved mode when towing, even with the recent cold snap it's always started off in EV, occasionally I will run the engine to move the oil and use fuel (mainly for preconditioning the cabin), but also I make a point of driving the car once the battery is flat to make sure it's empty plus to run the engine as I do like the sound of the 3 cylinder throatiness (reminds me of my old Daihatsu Charade Turbo)

One thing I have learnt is to fully use the battery up before charging, this way you always get a good capacity on the re-charge (31 to 35 miles) I had it down as low as 28 miles when I've charged it say from a half full battery.

It tows exceptionally well and does about 24 mpg, although it does use EV to assist up hills or when the demand is high taking the load of the engine and when coasting down hill. I always start with a full battery and travel in save, this way you don't have to worry about the car trying to charge the batteries if they are below 80% but you get full use of the electric drive when you need it - a true 4x4. On recent holiday I worked out that with the free charging on camp site my fuel economy was an average of 30 mpg for a total of 850 miles of which 450 miles were towing miles.

So overall I'm very pleased with the car, it does what I need it to do and I always complete any up-dates as they come down the wire, my wife loves the car and prefers to drive out in the Evoque than her own car - typical.

I think a lot of the issues people are experiencing is with the earlier cars or it's a Friday car (all manufacturers get this) I do think the earlier cars don't take the software up-dates well and do seem to cause more issues, it's like there are two different models, as Andy as said he's had trouble free motoring but not completed the downloads, but other people have, so something is not right.

Apologies for the long post and really do hope that the people who have experienced problems get them sorted ASAP so they can enjoy what is a very nice car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had my P300e for just over 2 months and have completed 2500 miles of which 450 was towing a 1500 Kg caravan, initially I had a problem with the brake assist which was corrected very quickly by my garage with a software up-date and that's about it. I have had other issues caused by me but nothing serious plus an up-date problem which corrected itself once I connected to the home wifi.

I always drive it as a hybrid (never touched the EV button) and saved mode when towing, even with the recent cold snap it's always started off in EV, occasionally I will run the engine to move the oil and use fuel (mainly for preconditioning the cabin), but also I make a point of driving the car once the battery is flat to make sure it's empty plus to run the engine as I do like the sound of the 3 cylinder throatiness (reminds me of my old Daihatsu Charade Turbo)

One thing I have learnt is to fully use the battery up before charging, this way you always get a good capacity on the re-charge (31 to 35 miles) I had it down as low as 28 miles when I've charged it say from a half full battery.

It tows exceptionally well and does about 24 mpg, although it does use EV to assist up hills or when the demand is high taking the load of the engine and when coasting down hill. I always start with a full battery and travel in save, this way you don't have to worry about the car trying to charge the batteries if they are below 80% but you get full use of the electric drive when you need it - a true 4x4. On recent holiday I worked out that with the free charging on camp site my fuel economy was an average of 30 mpg for a total of 850 miles of which 450 miles were towing miles.

So overall I'm very pleased with the car, it does what I need it to do and I always complete any up-dates as they come down the wire, my wife loves the car and prefers to drive out in the Evoque than her own car - typical.

I think a lot of the issues people are experiencing is with the earlier cars or it's a Friday car (all manufacturers get this) I do think the earlier cars don't take the software up-dates well and do seem to cause more issues, it's like there are two different models, as Andy as said he's had trouble free motoring but not completed the downloads, but other people have, so something is not right.

Apologies for the long post and really do hope that the people who have experienced problems get them sorted ASAP so they can enjoy what is a very nice car.
Thanks for all that Rob....lots of useful information there. I think you're right about the early models giving more problems and also the Friday cars. I also never touch the EV button and completely drain the batteries before recharging....makes a big difference to the range.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for all that Rob....lots of useful information there. I think you're right about the early models giving more problems and also the Friday cars. I also never touch the EV button and completely drain the batteries before recharging....makes a big difference to the range.
Funnily mine was one of the very first off the production line. And you’re right , it hasn’t taken any of the software updates the dealer did to fix faults with it refusing to charge , and a stability control malfunction, well at all.

My main frustration now it’s colder outside is it no longer heats the cabin on EV . As soon as I touch the heater controls ICE kicks in, which it never used to. Also with the car still plugged , last winter I used to precondition the cabin on the battery to heat up the cabin each morning . It was nice and toasty and I was using my household electricity to help do so. This winter I get in it now and it’s blowing cold air much to my frustration. I don’t want it to sit idling on my drive burning petrol ,which is the alternative . Some people have mentioned a known EV heater fault ? Forums are a good opportunity for people like me to have a good moan - but they are also a great place for knowledge sharing and avoiding dealer fob offs .

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funnily mine was one of the very first off the production line. And you’re right , it hasn’t taken any of the software updates the dealer did to fix faults with it refusing to charge , and a stability control malfunction, well at all.

My main frustration now it’s colder outside is it no longer heats the cabin on EV . As soon as I touch the heater controls ICE kicks in, which it never used to. Also with the car still plugged , last winter I used to precondition the cabin on the battery to heat up the cabin each morning . It was nice and toasty and I was using my household electricity to help do so. This winter I get in it now and it’s blowing cold air much to my frustration. I don’t want it to sit idling on my drive burning petrol ,which is the alternative . Some people have mentioned a known EV heater fault ? Forums are a good opportunity for people like me to have a good moan - but they are also a great place for knowledge sharing and avoiding dealer fob offs .
Yes, it does sound like your car isn't functioning correctly in many ways. The heater in mine works perfectly on EV and even with the heated seats on at the same time the ICE does not kick in. Preconditioning also works fine while plugged into the mains in the garage. Hope you can get it sorted and enjoy it properly. 👍

·
Registered
Eigar grey P300se pan roof, privacy and dark alum trim
95 Posts

This is exactly my experience. car doesn’t seem to be able to heat the cabin using EV. It use to warm up when preconditioning but now it blows cold air . It would be good to know whether this is a fault/part malfunction or whether just a software glitch. Does anyone have the answer to that?

on the plus side I’m doing the half day land rover experience in Scotland soon. Has anyone done one recently? How do the instructors coach you during COVID regs?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This is exactly my experience. car doesn’t seem to be able to heat the cabin using EV. It use to warm up when preconditioning but now it blows cold air . It would be good to know whether this is a fault/part malfunction or whether just a software glitch. Does anyone have the answer to that?

on the plus side I’m doing the half day land rover experience in Scotland soon. Has anyone done one recently? How do the instructors coach you during COVID regs?
Sounds like it must have been a software update that has caused this failure to provide cabin heating while using EV. As you know mine hasn't been updated and it still manages to power everything I need via EV, without needing to fire up the petrol engine. The only downside to this is that the EV range is slightly reduced when I switch lots of stuff on....but it's not a massive reduction, just a few miles less.

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,663 Posts
I have a lot to learn I feel I need to swat up on the EV and ICE, when it should start shouldn't start etc 😂

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I have a lot to learn I feel I need to swat up on the EV and ICE, when it should start shouldn't start etc 😂
You are so right with that Angel. The P300e is a very complicated and slightly quirky car....and you really need to know exacrly how to operate and drive it to get the best performance, range, reliability and economy from it. Anyone who is contemplating buying a new P300e needs to FULLY read and understand the relevant sections in the online Land Rover iGuide first. I actually think Land Rover should also provide a full days instruction and demonstration, specifically on the hybrid vehicles, fo all new owners before they collect their new car. 👍

·
Registered
MY20 Porsche Macan S - Volcano Grey
82 Posts
You are so right with that Angel. The P300e is a very complicated and slightly quirky car....and you really need to know exacrly how to operate and drive it to get the best performance, range, reliability and economy from it. Anyone who is contemplating buying a new P300e needs to FULLY read and understand the relevant sections in the online Land Rover iGuide first. I actually think Land Rover should also provide a full days instruction and demonstration, specifically on the hybrid vehicles, fo all new owners before they collect their new car. 👍
If the P300e is such a complicated car to operate correctly, surely this will put off many buyers who are considering this model, as I’m sure the majority of drivers just want their car to work correctly, without having to have a ‘degree’ in how it should work??!! 🤔

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sounds like it must have been a software update that has caused this failure to provide cabin heating while using EV. As you know mine hasn't been updated and it still manages to power everything I need via EV, without needing to fire up the petrol engine. The only slight downside to this is that the EV range is slightly reduced when I switch lots of stuff on....but it's not a massive reduction, just a few miles less.
If the P300e is such a complicated car to operate correctly, surely this will put off many buyers who are considering this model, as I’m sure the majority of drivers just want their car to work correctly, without having to have a ‘degree’ in how it should work??!! 🤔
It all depends on your driving style . You very quickly learn how to drive it in order to get the best EV range out of it. My wife is a more aggressive driver than me , and subsequently finds the car running more on the ICE than I do. I think that’s what @4ndy means.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm really nervous to admit it, but my car has been trouble free since collecting it 1st September & I love everything about it. Only done 270 miles, so I guess early days, I do accept the updates. Unlike the Disco Sport I had for 6 years, the first 2/3 years were a nightmare, it was so embarrassing people keep seeing me in a loan car. HOWEVER yesterday every time I started it the main screen didn't tilt up, had to do it manually every time, hopefully today it will tilt to set position.

·
Registered
P300E on order autobiography
5,663 Posts
HOWEVER yesterday every time I started it the main screen didn't tilt up, had to do it manually every time, hopefully today it will tilt to set position.
I had a day when my screen wouldn't tilt no matter what I did .. I was going to book it in but the next it just worked and was fine ever since just had a funny 5 mins so maybe yours is the same :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks Angel, that's what I'm hoping 🤞 for this afternoon, minor niggle compared to what some are experiencing.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I think it is the same with any relatively new technology. To get the most enjoyment and best experience from it the user needs to understand how and why everything works....not just randomly press buttons and hope for the best.
If you just want a simple car to jump into and drive daily, without thinking about anything....buy a Dacia Sandero 👍

1 - 20 of 73 Posts