Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title, if the car is cold, often there is a very loud moaning from the rear brakes as you are trying to reverse. So loud that people look at you wondering whats going on. I'm thinking pads sticking a bit? As soon as you are driving and a bit of heat is generated they are fine.
Its in the dealers today. Last night when dropping it off the receptionist said something along the lines of they all do that!
Of course it hasn't done it for them and an inspection has revealed all looks normal.

Anyone else suffered from this, I have done a search and turned nothing up.

On the plus side, the other noise I described to them from the engine end, they have diagnosed as a faulty DPF and are replacing it under warranty and they are replacing the heater blower fan as it stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Although I had cured it and it was still working, that wasnt a problem :)

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
They are faulty brake pads, LRT should change them as a warranty fix-mine were.
They used the wrong (softer) compound in the mix apparently- mine are fine now (except when it's cold-it's a land rover thing!!!)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
As @Maffy says this was a problem with some vehicles.
They certainly don't "all do that"!

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Most of them make the brake noise first thing Andy.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Yes, even now when it is real;ly cold-soon stops though, correct Hmmuk think it was a batch of 2016 & 2017 cars.

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Our 2014 car did it too Maffy

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
My front brakes squeal for the first couple of brakes after it has been standing overnight (in a garage) in damp weather. --- very annoying!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
This might be worth checking?

Search for technical bulletin LTB01045NAS1

MY16 onwards:
SITUATION:
A noise may be heard from the rear brakes, most noticeable during light braking when reversing after an initial start in colder ambient temperatures.
CAUSE: This may be caused by delamination of the rear brake pad shim.
ACTION: Should a Customer express this concern, follow the Service Instruction below...

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
I've told 'er indoors to reverse in so she can drive straight out !!!!
Mine did it in Drive and reverse, only first couple of times I touched the brakes though.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I think most cars (not all) do this first thing in the morning. Having the hand brake on over night the pads don’t clear the discs fully. Nothing to worry about I’d say

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Seems to be a JLR thing. My Jag does it too !!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This might be worth checking?

Search for technical bulletin LTB01045NAS1

MY16 onwards:
SITUATION:
A noise may be heard from the rear brakes, most noticeable during light braking when reversing after an initial start in colder ambient temperatures.
CAUSE: This may be caused by delamination of the rear brake pad shim.
ACTION: Should a Customer express this concern, follow the Service Instruction below...
Thanks for that, I have let them know, see what happens.

She can still reverse it in though :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wel,l picked the car up. The receptionist went to get the car and reversed it up to the showroom. It sounded like the QE2 fog horn!!!!
They had just explained that an inspection revealed nothing amiss and that LR will not do anything as it is deemed safe and acceptable that under certain conditions brakes will make a noise - can you believe it? - well yes I can really.
The technical bulletin mentioned above is from USA although there used to be one here but it was withdrawn some time ago.

I will be composing a lengthy complaint to Customer Services to get this resolved. It was suggested that the more people who complain to LR the better.

On the plus side the heater blower has been replaced. As has the DPF as they said it was rattling. However the noise I originally sent it in for is now deemed to be a driveshaft bearing. The parts are on backorder from LR with no date so thats for another day.

Despite that er' indoors who drove it home said it is so lovely to drive :)

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Get that letter written, they have a duty of care on this.
Mine was done, but strangley I had to rercord it myself even though, like you they had experienced it themselves

LR just simply let themselves down for twopence of work and customer care-then they bitch and moan about job losses and market share loss and downturn--ANSWER: Start making a quality product!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts