Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANT pick up his Evoque today...3 hours after delivery and fresh from it's PDI

Glad you have puta few miles on it already

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice one - like the matching Firenze shirt! Also wondering if that's my "missing" OG dynamic on the transporter as my dealer has no idea when my September delivery is actually going to arrive now

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silverburn said:
Nice one - like the matching Firenze shirt! Also wondering if that's my "missing" OG dynamic on the transporter as my dealer has no idea when my September delivery is actually going to arrive now

ANT's car turned up today without me knowing " your not alone"....unfortch the Orkney grey dynamic also belongs to one of my customers.....going out tomorrow AM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Been on the road for 2 days so far and really pleased with the Evoque. Lots of compliments on the colour - it does look stunning in the sunlight.Playing with all the toys and setting up the car to suit me has been great.
Sound system is superb. Dual screen is a hit with the Mrs. She can watch TV with the headphones on, while I listen to the radio and watch the Sat Nav screen.Pan roof is a delight. Strangely, for September, haven't needed heated seats or steering wheel yet, but they will come in useful soon. Keyless entry and start is brilliant - just keep the key in the pocket! Powered tailgate is useful. Put it in Sport mode with Dynamic program on and it goes round corners faster than any 4x4 I've ever had - and faster than many cars too! Very stable and comfortable in normal mode. Surround cameras are great - I like having the rear camera on while going forward - a functionI didn't think would be possible.
Still learning about various functions. Looking forward to a LR Experience now to take an Evoque offroad.
All in all I'm a happy bunny!
ANT

·
Registered
21 Posts
Silverburn said:
Embarrassingly, my trousers matched the interior!!! Completely unintentional .... honest m'Lord.
Hope you find your missing OG soon Silverburn.
ANT

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ant the car looks great,I have ordered similar sowould say that.
Are your wheels 19" they look like they might be?

I am intrigued to know from a 19" owner what tyres they have on?

My dealer has assured me and reassured me 19" wheels come with Mud and Snow Tyres.

If so would be interested to know how they perform in the cold.

Many Thanks &

Merry Xmas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, they are 19's.The tyres are Pirelli Scorpions. They are "all weather" tyres, rather than mud and snow.
So far they have behaved perfectly, although we have had no snow yet.
I had the same tyres on my Range Rover Sport on 19's and drove in the snow in winter 2007 with no problems at all.
Hope you get yours soon and enjoy.
Regards
ANT

·
10,626 Posts
Just been on a LR Experience day at Eastnor with my son.

He drove a Prestige SD4, with Pirelli Scorpions, conditions today were pretty bad, muddy and wet.

The way that car performed I'd love to know what you would need to be doing to choose non OEM tyres, it performed brilliantly.

Hill descent amazing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Many thanks for the replies,very reassuring. I read a US review saying PirelliScorpion AW Verde fitted, and they were fantastic.
I will not use extensively here in Germany during the winter but at least I knowI will be legal for the occasional trip out.
The S Max with full winters fittedwill be the main workhorse during the cold months.
Fingers crossed for no delays and another Firenze on the road at the end of Jan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts