Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Have checked power at switch but dont have wiring diagram, x3 earth x1 live, when switch is pressed live goes to earth and i can hear a click, so i assume its sending a signal but without stripping power struts out i can't tell if signal is reaching them?
Car only has power opening from switch on dash and key fob, no closing, just switch on tailgate.
Thanks
Do you know were i can find the safety switch?

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
97 Posts
Ok, so with the only close coming from the boot button it could be a fault with the wiring there... Have you had to drill anywhere for the body kit? Could have snicked the loom. :unsure:

Surely someone on here has the wiring diagrams for your car. You need to put the specifics in your Signature and then peeps may be able to help easier. (y)

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
97 Posts
Do you know were i can find the safety switch?
More than likely it's some kind of resistance device. While power opening, hold the boot lid to stop it mid travel. I'm guessing that it should stop and reverse a bit for safety ie, something trapped. I'm only guessing though so hopefully someone with a similar age car can confirm if it is supposed to. If it does reverse or the button starts it going again then you are eliminating things.

Need someone with working boot to check logic and details of your car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok, so with the only close coming from the boot button it could be a fault with the wiring there... Have you had to drill anywhere for the body kit? Could have snicked the loom. :unsure:

Surely someone on here has the wiring diagrams for your car. You need to put the specifics in your Signature and then peeps may be able to help easier. (y)
Hi, no snicks in the wiring loom, no drilling, body kit only require swapping parking sensor looms over. Have just ordered the auto close module to see if it can bypass the switch, if that works it could be the switch, failing that i think its going to be the module?
Hopefully someone has a wiring diagram then i can check properly.
Will get the vehicle specifics over. Thanks again

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
142 Posts
Is the stop/start function working ? If not, this could be a clue that the energy saving / battery monitoring may have gone awry.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts