Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Looking at a 13' plate SD4 Pure Tech with about 55k miles Auto, meridian sound system but that's about it in terms of extras. FSH but not from the main dealer, the seller says last health check found the timing belt to be tight and not needing replacement. In my books, this needs changing regardless. What would be a fair price to offer?

Any other particular things I should be looking for apart from the usual below?

• Knocking at back when reversing
  • Check all electrics work
  • Door / Door locks
I understand there was a facelift after 2015, is there a particular reason I should be aiming for a younger model rather than an older one?

Thanks and sorry for the repetitive question.

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
137 Posts
Think the timing belt comment from dealer was a bit of bull ****, they should be changed on these after 7 years now regardless.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think the timing belt comment from dealer was a bit of bull ****, they should be changed on these after 7 years now regardless.
Not a dealer.. but yeah I basically need to account for it being changed.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,237 Posts
+1 on the timing belt.

See others buying tips in this recent thread (and also more if you search the forum):
Help with possible evoque purchase TOMORROW!!

The biggest difference with the diesels is Euro5 or 6.
E6 comes with more things that could cause problems (see DPF & oil dilution threads).
I went for a E5 three years ago and been very happy with it. But cities clamping down on older diesels might be something to think about depending on where you travel.

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
MY16 HSE Dynamic LUX Waitomo grey Manual
2,082 Posts
The facelifts are all well and good but they still have their own problems, the facelifts were fitted with JLRs own designed and built 2.0L Ingenium engines - petrol and diesel as opposed to the 2.2 largely bullet proof Ford based engine, the Ingenium diesel will suffer oil dilution, there are threads after threads on this on here and all over the net, unless you do serious serious mileage and I'd say even well above the stated 12,000 a year I'd steer clear, if your were looking at a facelift go with a petrol, a little bit thirstier but a lot less hassle, you may have noticed nearly all the members here that have the MY20 have got or have ordered a petrol, if it must a diesel for you then stick with the older 2.2 and if you can get a high spec dynamic lux 64 plate then happy days

Reactions: Ramaya

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,452 Posts
Pure Tech will be the older 2.2 diesel. The name changed to SE Tech for the facelift 2.0 model.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
165 Posts
2.2 diesel is a good engine, it will come with either the Asin Warner 6 speed box or the ZF 9 speed box. Change over was anout September 2013 (model year 14).
They are both good gearboxes, ZF is a bit more efficient. I have the 6 speed and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take that it would not be such a bad thing going for a slightly older model. I have no doubt I will do 12000 miles/year. Should the fact that the car has covered "only" 55000 worry me?

Anything I will greatly miss going for the Pure Tech over the dynamic? I'm relatively simple parking sensors decent sound, would have liked folding mirrors too but that's about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its an Auto btw i like ZF if its even remotely close to the bmw one I think I will like it

·
Registered
165 Posts
The timing belt is a strange one. Here in the uk it seems to be advised every 7 years.

Yet anywhere else i've been all quote 9??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi the two main things with the dynamic are the body kit (with square exhausts) and the magnaride adaptive suspension plus a few convenience bits I think.
If they do not interest you then pure tech has everything you would normally expect in a decent car.

·
Registered
2012, 2.2td, 3 dr Dynamic. 240bhp, 20 in alloys, wing backs, side steps, tinted windows and lights.
142 Posts
The timing belt is a strange one. Here in the uk it seems to be advised every 7 years.

Yet anywhere else i've been all quote 9??
Yeah I thought it was 9 yrs? And I thought they had a chain, not a timing belt?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi I think it was 9 years but JLR shortened it to 7. Must have had some issues somewhere with it or with another marque. (JLR, Ford, Peaugeot and Citroen all use that engine).
Yes the 2.2 is a timing belt, it also has a short chain linking the two cam pulleys but that is not a service part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The one I was looking at fell through the car still had finance on it and the seller was very shady to say the least about. Only found out cause I was going to buy it and did an HPI on it. So I walked away...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm now looking for a similar one with 74000 miles with full Land Rover service history and the timing belt done. Looks like a well-maintained car. Should I be scared off by the miles? Planning to keep the car for 2-3 years at least so would like to be able to go another 40-45k without major issues.

·
Registered
165 Posts
There are some Evoques around with very high mileages. Freelander 2 is similar running gear.
Engine is basically the one in Ford Mondeo and Transits and well proven, auto is the Asin Warner TF81 6 speed which has been around since the mid 2000 in loads of cars including Volvo XC90’s and some have huge mileages but you do need to change the fluids. Similarly the Haldex unit is well proven. So all the big bits are very reliable. just keep on top of fluid changes.

·
Registered
165 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts