Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been covered before, but no harm in adding to the list of disgruntled customers. I todayreceived the following from the dealer. No apology for the inconvenience this will cause me. My original delivery date was 2nd Nov.
I've finally got a delivery date for you which unfortunately as changed.

The current planned delivery date is now 28/12/2011<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
This is due to short term supply issues.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Iguess this means they get nearly another 2 months of my deposit sitting in their account.

I'm sorry but I would have expected a bit more consideration when spending £45,000 on a car.

Di

PS I have no idea why my post is going from grey to black !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Similar story here.

I too received the telephone call from my dealer this morning, to advise that the delivery of my Dynamic has been pushed back by6 weeks to mid-December.

Very frustrating and rather worrying that the dealer seems to have very little clue as to what is going on.

Have been driving BMW's for the past 5 years and have to say that the service received from local LR Dealershoip is not a patch on the BMW service. I will remain postive and hope that things improve.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have ordered Copue Dynamic Si4 with every conceivable extra. Originally promised delivery for Sept, then moved to Nov 3 then told it would be brought forward then moved back to Nov 3. Now just had a phone call saying January 2012. I sold my car back in July as it was a convertible and told my dealer only had a car to use until Oct. Now carless for winter!! Not happy. Dealer said they are checking and trying to do everything possible but not happy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's pathetic. I order my £200 plus weekly shop from Ocado as probably thousands of people do. I get text to tell me if late or early, anything missing, suggested replacement.
I order a £45,000 car and get treated like dirt.
Talk about complacent.
As per the other thread running I had made arrangements re my other car. I apologise, don't want to appear a snob, but yes I do own a V12Vantage but do not want to spend another winter driving it. The Evoque was a great winter alternative.
Not now it seems.
If I had had any updates, warnings of problems then fine. Nothing!!!
It's no wonder this country is in such a mess. LR need to wake up kick their dealers up the arse and get their act into gear.
Q7 now looking a good alternative.

And breathe

Di

·
Registered
134 Posts
totaly unexceptable !!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Lady Topaz,
If You don't mind me asking, why did you buy through a dealership in Stoke and not one more locally?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Wrecka.
Bit of a long story. When I was looking for my Aston I was contacted by Stratstone Wilmslow who had the exact car I wanted at the right price. I struck a deal and became friends with the guy there who gave such good service. My OH and I decided to get a car to share for the winter as the Aston is somewhat scary on icy roads. We heard about the Evoque and decided to go for it.

Basically, we went to our local dealer who was absolutely hopeless.

I decided to ring my friend at Stratstones in Wilmslow to see if there was an LR dealer within their group.

He told me of a friend of his who worked in Stoke. He spoke to him, he rang me and was very helpful on the phone.

My husband drove up to see him, was very impressed andthe rest is history.

Sadly, the short email I quoted in my previous post has left us somewhat jaded.

Like so many others on here we had made arrangements re, in our casean Audi A5we are selling as part of the deal.

All based on the delivery date given for the Evoque.

If it had been a vague hopefully Nov date but dont bank on it, then fine. But to actually be given a firm date of the 2nd Nov and glibly change it is out of order.

Apart from what I have read on this forum I had heard not one word from either LR or the dealer regarding any delay.

If I hadn't joined here I would have been in blissful ignorance.

Sorry to be so long winded.

Di

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am so sorry everyone is having such an uncertain time? Like most of you, we jiggled around a few cars to get the point of both of us driving suitable 4x4's so as not to spent another winter dicing death. I picked up my evoque 2 wks ago and his new car has an eta of 21/11. Buying 2 new cars at the same time certainly gives an insight into customer service. BMW are practically giving him daily updates (and the VIN number so he can status check!)

I now realise I am exceptionally lucky and that my car came through when it did and don't now apologise for all my popping and prodding of the dealer!

I suspect in your position(s) I would be now looking at an alternative - but such a shame when clearly there are people who have ordererd cars; are close to having them delivered; now selling them for a profit. now THAT isn't fair.......

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's a shambles, isn't it? I too have an Si4 on order, supposedly being built on 31 October. The dealer promised to keep me informed of any changes but i have heard nothing.

I'm taking bets on which is more likely - a) it's on schedule b) it's moved and the dealer hasn't been bothered to tell me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its a sad day for Land Rover to kow that British Gas can now give a more accurate time for their service man to arrive than LR can for a car! :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Our original delivery date was September, as we were first deposit placed on the dealers Evoque list. This was put back to second LR allocation build as specification was not available on first build - this gave us a build date of 30/9 and delivery of 30/10. Got a call today to confirm delivery next Tuesday 18/10 and we are very pleased and can't wait. Not all poor delivery stories!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Evoque Si4 Coupe LUX Fuji/Fuji with Pursuit. TPMS, Homelink & Spare wheel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice one... I think there is a problem with Prestige and Dynamic Diesel build models. There seems to be Pure's coming off the production line ahead of schedule! I went to the dealership today and I was told that they had no control at all.
Guy Salmon is a massive uk wide dealership with over 10 of the 150 Land Rover Dealerships and apparently Land Rover will not tell them the prolem!

Yeah right!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ordered a Dynamic! Lux pack etc.

Delivery date 11/11/11, called dealer today as heard nothing and been told now end of Jan! What is going on? Not happy, are the doing a RIM and hoping by not telling anyone why the problem exists hat people won't complain.

Let's hope that Tata Land Rover are not like their Tata Consultancy Services, promise the world on time then at the last minute let you down with poor late delivery.

·
Registered
79 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr><td rowspan="2" ="msgableSide" valign="top">

</td>
<td ="msgableTop" style="height:15px;" valign="top">

Post Options
<div id="postMenu22" ="dropDownMenu">

Thanks(0)
<div id="postThanksMsg22" ="dropDownMenu">

Posted: Today at 4:07pm</td>
</tr>
<tr ="msgableRow" style="height:200px;min-height:200px;">
<td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">

Just been told by local dealer that someone was killed on the press
machine for the 5 door models and that the production line has been
closed following further investigation.

If this is true its obviously terrible for the family of the person in question.

If not the most elaborate story I have ever heard for a delay.
</td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
22 Posts
I heard on the radio a few weeks ago that somebody had been killed onsite, I mentioned it to my dealership the other day, they said it's the first they had heard of it. You would of thought it would of been all over the news.very strange. But like you said very sad if true.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes just googled it and it all comes up on the 27th September on BBC and other sites, its basically just terrible customer service.

I have just been on the phone to LR customer service as I'm stuck without a car and have no confidence in the latest delivery date although you always hope 3rd time (or delivery date) lucky.

Let's see what they come back with as whilst the dealership is being as helpful as they can this is an LR problem and they should be addressing it more seriously.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rob Angus, that sounds like a good idea cos I'm in the same boat as you. What number did you complain too?

Paul

Memberof the Evoque NON-Owners Club

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
There is other info on the web, which has already identified this tragedy, plus various factory stoppages, and a fire on site which affects the instrument panels facility.

All of this plus the lighting delays, pan roof shortages then regretfully the doors, just means our patience will be tested a bit more.

My thoughts are with the family of this poor guy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re reading my 1st post hereit just clicked that in the email from my dealer it gives me a 'PLANNED'
delivery date of the 28th Dec.

So not a definite, leaving me still in limbo.

Hardly an ideal time to sort everything out over the Christmas break anyway.

I am betting nothing will happen until the New Year.

Whatever the reasons for delays I cannot believe LR haven't been keeping their customers advised. No news or rumours just make us angry. Not a good start.

Di

1 - 20 of 64 Posts