Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, could anyone actually confirm the exact features of the colour changing ambient lighting?

we can change the lighting on the doors however the footwell and under the mid console are only ever lit with the welcome lighting prior to starting the ignition.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
590 Posts
There is another posting about ambient lighting:

If you don’t have the ambient lighting option fitted to your car (additional cost option) then you don’t get the colour changing features.

My Evoque, is a First edition and has the ambient lighting feature as standard.

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is another posting about ambient lighting:

If you don’t have the ambient lighting option fitted to your car (additional cost option) then you don’t get the colour changing features.

My Evoque, is a First edition and has the ambient lighting feature as standard.
Hi

yes we took the extra ambient lighting option at order.Originally thought the lighting was just quite poor but the more I’ve looked I think the lights in the footwell just don’t work.
Can you advise on which lights stay on during driving as the only the doors stay lit on ours.
Thanks

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
590 Posts
Sounds like you have exactly the same issue as fellow member 'Squint'.

Take a look at the other posting for more information. You'll see the lighting in the footwell (blue) is quite noticeable.

I did a video of my lighting to show the footwell area changing from blue (my chosen colour) back to white, when the car is running and the auto headlights are on and you open a door or switch on the centre interior light. They change back to blue once you close the door or turn the interior light off.

Squint has used that to show the dealer that his First Edition ambient lighting isn't working properly, or certainly not as it does in mine.

Drop me a Private Message (PM) with your email address and I can send you a link to the video.

Reactions: Doink

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,031 Posts

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, we didn't really know what to expect when ordering as the dealership didn’t have a car with the option to show us. Car is due in shortly for a oil change so will get them to look at this issue also.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the help, we didn't really know what to expect when ordering as the dealership didn’t have a car with the option to show us. Car is due in shortly for a oil change so will get them to look at this issue also.
As Rencar has said - see my post. Apparently LR have a fix - this will be done fairly soon.

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Have you had a system upgrate to (I think No4) if so this knocks out the ambient lighting-have a word with the dealer who can easily rectify/

Reactions: Graeme G

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So had the car in at Land Rover Glasgow for the free oil change and asked them to have a look at the lack of lighting within the footwell.
The response was laughable.., there’s no colour changing feature in the footwell and the video Rencar kindly sent me must have been a after market install. After disputing their comments they advised me to take it up with Land Rover and they are happy to fix it once they know. The last comment was I may be the first to question the lights at their branch.

I’ve messaged JLR to request the exact spec and location of these lights so I can take it up with the dealer. As no LR employee seems to actually know.

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Received a response from JLR saying the exact locations on the ambient lighting and they confirm that the footwell and centre console has lighting.

Booked the car back into Land Rover Glasgow North and they are now saying the footwell and centre are exclusive to the First Edition. They didn’t see the point contacting JLR to discuss the location they advised me via email.

does anyone have another model with the footwell lighting?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello
I have MY20 HSE R dynamic and I have footwell and the centre console lighting in various colour options

Reactions: Graeme G

·
Registered
D150 manual R-dynamic S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello
I have MY20 HSE R dynamic and I have footwell and the centre console lighting in various colour options
Thank you, it’s getting more likely that the dealers don’t actually know.

round 2 with JLR now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts