Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided today to get this underway, when ordering our car I asked the salesman what the difference between standard ambient lighting and colour option, he said there exactly the same but on the option one you can change the colour but if you go for standard it’s white only.
So if I go standard do all the doors and console light up ? Yes they do!!!!
But on getting my car I noticed straight away this is not the case ?
So today I decided to fix this, I have done a lot of digging and the colour one uses 3 wires to work
Footwell driver/passenger
Central console
Door trims and pocket’s
Then you need to code the car to get the screen option to show.

As I was happy with the basic white I decided to just light all the missing bits,
So ordered some of these from eBay total cost £10

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  • Got these for the doors and pockets, after removing the door cards you can see the 3 pin plug for factory lighting but as I was only fitting white I only need ground/live so tapped into the white interior door handle light circuit
    9EDDC21E-67E1-478E-BDF0-C359E7D13597.jpeg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the central console I decided to use a factory type lamp as I couldn’t mount the LED strip ones neatly, this is what I bought
5F1C40D9-A5AE-4E2F-8509-8221E0A92E09.png

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wanted it to dim automatically like the footwell ones do as you start driving, so made a loom to tap into the passenger footwell light

then cut out the inner plastic trim
52930136-BB27-43AC-8910-E6D69FA811E5.png

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Best of luck with these mods but be careful adding bits/electrics to your Evoque, you may find all sorts of fault codes showing up which in turn could stop some things working & causing all sorts of grief.:(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After lighting up the interior doors and centre console I thought the badly lit boot could do with some extra lighting.

My last car had lighting in the tailgate that also illuminated the floor as you approached including the boot floor.
So I started by taking power/ground wires from one of the factory boot lights, then running them up into the tailgate through the rubber boot.

I got Two LED puddle lights

CE6846F2-9FE0-4ED5-8477-BEC7747D06E5.jpeg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I removed the inner tailgate trim that’s held in with two 8mm bolts behind the waning triangle holder, then the rest is just poppers.
made some templates
99029C22-57CD-46A4-805C-AF6F202BF991.jpeg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then cut two holes for my new lights
47D81F2D-90D9-4D52-A116-484900033E3F.jpeg

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not only a great idea but very neatly done 👏 when can I bring mine round 🤔😁

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,125 Posts
They look as bright as floodlights in that picture. Very tidy looking job you've done 👍

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks
I was struggling to see with the factory led’s but now I’ve maybe gone a bit over the top
🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
145 Posts
Brilliant - literally! (y)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Love the tailgate lights 👍

·
Registered
535 Posts
I actually think you should send the last photo to JLR R&D department. It’s a feature that really should be there as standard 👏

·
Registered
535 Posts
If we can’t go on holiday this year, we could come round to yours and lay under your tailgate for a tan 🤔

1 - 20 of 35 Posts