Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SD4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys the ambient light in the front door handle area on my passenger door isn’t lit
(Passenger door only not lit)

I was wondering if their was a separate fuse for the passenger door / door handle light or if I have a wiring issue thanks !?

·
Registered
2013 Evoque Coupe Dynamic 2.2 SD4 Auto
224 Posts
How long have you had the car - was it lit before?
Could be just a connector at the back of the door card.

·
Registered
SD4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have you had the car - was it lit before?
Could be just a connector at the back of the door card.
I’ve had the car around 4/5 months and I don’t recall it ever been lit I’ve only just got around to wondering what the issue is as I’ve upgraded the footwell lights recently but wanted the fix the ambient passenger door handle light and the console lights and my door are red but I can’t see any Light on the passenger door handle light.
I may take of the door card and check the connector but I believe there‘s like 5 different connectors unsure which one ambient lighting would be suppose I could just check all are plugged in nicely

·
Registered
2015 2.2 auto Dynamic Fuji White
17 Posts
Its obvious when the door card is off, the led has a connector straight on the back. You could also check the power is getting to the connector. I had to take mine off to replace the door switch, maybe yours had the same, but not so careful putting it back together.

·
Registered
SD4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its obvious when the door card is off, the led has a connector straight on the back. You could also check the power is getting to the connector. I had to take mine off to replace the door switch, maybe yours had the same, but not so careful putting it back together.
how would I check power is getting to the connector ?

·
Registered
2015 2.2 auto Dynamic Fuji White
17 Posts
The connector has two pins, power and ground. With the other door illuminated you should see a voltage across the pins with a voltmeter of the one that's not on, Led's do fail but its more likely to be not plugged in or not pushed into the door position correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts