Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found an after-market ambient cabin illumination kit for the evoque to fit to non-standard models?
I'm getting a Pure delivered in March and there are a few extra's i want but not available...one of them being the ambient cabin lighting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi jonboy83, I've just picked up my pure sd4 and that's got the ambient lighting fitted, I thought it came as standard? Maybe it's because I've got the teck pack fitted?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really?! It doesnt mention it anywhere in the specs for the Pure but it does for Prestige and Dynamic.
Hope you're all enjoying the cars..

·
Registered
621 Posts
GTI said:
The ambient illumination is no good in Evouque,nothing spacial
Agreed, can't really see the point of it.

But I do like the way the instruments change from white to red when in sport mode!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes i agree, but the instruments change is not becouse off the ambient illumination,it is part off magneryde systeme i think

·
Registered
480 Posts
Red Instrument change is on Dynamic models only.As far as i am aware the rest of the interior ambient illumination is the same across all models.

Maybe other cars have better interior ambient lighting (i would not know or care tbh) but to me the Evoque has a great night ambience with the lighting level being adjustable too. it helps make it special for me !

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re SPUD13: Red Instrument change is on Dynamic models only.As far as i am aware the rest of the interior ambient illumination is the same across all models.

Is it only for the Dynamic model or for the dynamic mode on the AD?

Edited by: MarkLondon

·
Registered
153 Posts
3 colours only on our Prestige
Red, White, Blue.
Thought they were only colours available across whole range.
As British flag colours?!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
MarkLondon said:
Re SPUD13: Red Instrument change is on Dynamic models only.
As far as i am aware the rest of the interior ambient illumination is the same across all models.

Is it only for the Dynamic model or for the dynamic mode on the AD?

Yes, the instrument cluster turns red when yuo run the Dynamic terrain response mode - and yes, this is only on cars with adaptive dynamics.

In the UK, all Dynamics sold come standard with adaptive dynamics - in Australia, it was a $2000 cost option for me and I said no thank you!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Wrench said:
3 colours only on our Prestige
Red, White, Blue.
Thought they were only colours available across whole range.
As British flag colours?!

My Dynamic has five or six colours; white, dark blue, red, light blue, green and pink... (I think). I'll take a photo of the colours when I'm next in the car.

And with respect to some earlier comments about the ambient mood lighting being a waste, it depends on the interior you have. My Pursuit (grey and cream) interior shows themood lightingup nicely as opposed to someone with a black interior - in that case, the lights would be barely visble.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The cabin lighting is generally excellent and the instrument lighting works well: just how do they get the gear change paddle "+" & "-" to illuminate? Also I like the way the interior light switches work!

More importantly the adjustability is trally good and the touch screen adjusts with the lighting. On mny other modern cars you have to adjust the screen seperately from the instruments - stupid.

The little LEDs in the doors are a bit to dim to really work, even in the bright seting.

Hadn't realise the "all goes red" in sport mode was specific to the Dynamic, but it is fun!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Evoque Down Under said:
My Dynamic has five or six colours; white, dark blue, red, light blue, green and pink... (I think). I'll take a photo of the colours when I'm next in the car.

Five colours -blue, light blue, white, pink and red:

Edited by: Evoque Down Under

·
Registered
132 Posts
I won to know if its possible to upgrade the ambient lightening aftermark, by others colors or brightens lights<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
480 Posts
EDU, Same control screen and colous as i have, pleased to see my pure is not missing out there.
GTI, i have read somewhere about people putting in brighter lamps but personally would not bother. With regard to the colour i would guess it would ideally require control by the screen shown above, so i cant imagine it. - out of interest what colour did you have in mind ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I thought I only had 3 colours!
Nope got 5 like picture posted above....

Although as I'm married to a Liverpool fan, so ours it always red

·
Registered
132 Posts
Red one, because i am also Liverpool fan, but i won to see other colors in our Evoque, like Black,Violet andGreen.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1 - 20 of 31 Posts