Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought, as I'm not yet able to have the registration changed over to me for the InControl ap as awaiting V5 document, what currently can any previous owner who is still registered to my car on InControl actually 'control' on my car or are there any possible security issues?

·
Super Moderator
10,716 Posts
IIRC they could start the car, see where you are, how much fuel you have, the mileage on your car. Can the dealer not change it to you with the new keepers suppliment as proof of ownership ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Presumeably none of this would be accessible to a previous owner if I was to remove the Sim card when parked up?

·
Registered
491 Posts
The sim that works the Incontrol is built into the car so you can't remove it.
The V5 should be pretty quick (mine was about 4 days) so hopefully it will soon be sorted.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just emailed a copy of purchase invoice and driving license to JLR customer services and they removed the former keeper, allowing me to set the car to my account.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what JLR 'Customer Experience Team Leader' sent to me,

"In order for the previous owner to be removed from the Incontrol account you would need to visit your local approved retailer who will be able to remove the previous owner and assist in setting up your new account.

I would like to advise that you will need to take with you a copy of your V5 document and your driving license to enable the retailer to verify you are the registered keeper of the vehicle. Alternatively if you provide us with the documentation we can provide further assistance."

·
Super Moderator
10,716 Posts
Talk to your local dealer. Some are helpful. Mine was and did it for me in 5 minutes

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is what JLR 'Customer Experience Team Leader' sent to me,

"In order for the previous owner to be removed from the Incontrol account you would need to visit your local approved retailer who will be able to remove the previous owner and assist in setting up your new account.

I would like to advise that you will need to take with you a copy of your V5 document and your driving license to enable the retailer to verify you are the registered keeper of the vehicle. Alternatively if you provide us with the documentation we can provide further assistance."

I emailed [email protected] with
"Hi.
I am trying to add my Evoque to my Land Rover In Control account, but it says that it is connected to a previous owner.
Would you be able to change this please.

Vehicle reg is ***. Last 8 digits of VIN are ****.

Please see ID and confirmation of purchase attached.

Kind regards,
"

They wrote back 2 days later with
"Dear ****,
Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that your concerns have been resolved, please follow the instructions on the link below in order to register, connect and activate your InControl services.
InControl Protect - Ownership - Land Rover UK

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Experience Advisor
UK Customer Experience Centre
"

·
Registered
172 Posts
The sim that works the Incontrol is built into the car so you can't remove it.
Yes it can !, it is in centre arm rest on mine.

@Whilliam

Have they broke the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by leaving that data on your car. ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Michael, I think the Sim card you are referring to beneath the arm rest is not the one that PhilB was referring to, there are 2 separate Sim cards as is my understanding, one contained 'somewhere' in the car for InControl services and the other for general data usage.
As for leaving data on my car, I think it's more of leaving car data available to InControl registered user.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just a thought, as I'm not yet able to have the registration changed over to me for the InControl ap as awaiting V5 document, what currently can any previous owner who is still registered to my car on InControl actually 'control' on my car or are there any possible security issues?
I'm guessing you didn't buy from a JLR dealer?
Mine was changed over to me during the handover, sales person just did it at a computer terminal while I waited.
I believe the Remote app works off an inbuilt sim (along with SOS and LR Assist buttons), the Route app works off the user installed sim and different module/software.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hoorah, the V5 arrived and following a tripto a local dealer i'm now almost InControl of the car.
The only thing that stops this is when I try to sign in on the in-car navigation screen, it just tells me something has gone wrong at their end and to try again later, is this a common event?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Unfortunately, yes.
Are you seeing "error occurred" as I mention in this thread?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hoorah, the V5 arrived and following a tripto a local dealer i'm now almost InControl of the car.
The only thing that stops this is when I try to sign in on the in-car navigation screen, it just tells me something has gone wrong at their end and to try again later, is this a common event?
I had exactly that message when a technician had updated one section of software and failed to update another section, it needed both sections to have updates in sync. The message didn't go away until both were updated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You might want to check out the rest of the toys before you check in with your dealer (see link below)....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There's no CD player to worry about and all the services indicated in the InControl ap appear to be working, (fuel, range, odometer, locked & alarmed status, beep & flash, last parked location, climate, journeys and assistance).
Just seems to be the route planner not playing ball.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There's no CD player to worry about and all the services indicated in the InControl ap appear to be working, (fuel, range, odometer, locked & alarmed status, beep & flash, last parked location, climate, journeys and assistance).
Just seems to be the route planner not playing ball.
Hi, the features in the "Remote" app runs on a separate in-car system to the "Route" (Navigation) app, hence my previous comments.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts