Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....I've always wanted a Range Rover, nice prestigious reliable gorgeous looking car, the car of my dreams. I thought I would lease a new one so I would have no problems & have great customer service. How I was wrong, my 2019 Evoque D150 R-dynamic arrived on a truck with 7 miles on the clock, 0% fuel, covered in mud, the rear centre console was hanging out & my side mirror wasn't flush. I got my car in september 2019, my local LR dealers are rude, telling me I should get a taxi from one town to another (approx 20 mile round trip) after I drop it off & during Covid because I have told them I shouldn't have to keep paying for a courtesy car every time it's gone in for repairs that haven't been my fault. My car had to go back again as the dealership broke some sensors for the immersion when it had been in for another repair. The DPF filter was changed within the first 12 months, there was something to do with a balance thing in the engine that they had to replace after they spotted a problem with it plus there's been many more problems. It needs to go in again as there's a bleed on the reverse camera, the streering wheel & the brakes creek & now there's a chugging noise that speeds up when I increase my speed, which sounds like a train chugging. It's had about 6k worth of work done on the car so far after looking at the invoices, non of which I have paid for. My service light came on in the first year they told me I had to take it in but was told, after I spoke to a mechanic who said it doesn't need a service in the first year with low mileage so I cancelled the service. I have 12k on the clock. I really wish I never got the car and now I'm stuck in a lease for another 2 years 馃槱

Registered
MY15 2.2L
Sorry to hear you've had problems.

Just to pick up on the early service warning. I think your advice was wrong!
Take a look at 'oil dilution' threads on the forum. The diesel engines can get diesel in the engine oil (dilution) which means an early oil service is often required.

The rough average is often between 9-11k miles. If the 'service required' message was requesting an oil service and is ignored then the impact could be serious...

Edit:
I should have mentioned many people get these oil changes done for free!

Reactions: Caren

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear you've had problems.

Just to pick up on the early service warning. I think your advice was wrong!
Take a look at 'oil dilution' threads on the forum. The diesel engines can get diesel in the engine oil (dilution) which means an early oil service is often required.

The rough average is often between 9-11k miles. If the 'service required' message was requesting an oil service and is ignored then the impact could be serious...

Edit:
I should have mentioned many people get these oil changes done for free!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, when I cancelled the service with LR, it had only done about 6k miles at the time, they did say that it didn't need a service until the second year but it is due one now. It was just part of all the ongoing problems 馃槉

Registered
MY15 2.2L
Thank you, when I cancelled the service with LR, it had only done about 6k miles at the time, they did say that it didn't need a service until the second year but it is due one now. It was just part of all the ongoing problems 馃槉
Still sounds like incorrect advice to me.
It wouldn't be asking for a service if it didn't require it!

The scheduled service interval is 2 years / 21k miles. Depending on usage some people have only managed a few thousand miles before needing a service. Short trips increase the likelihood of oil dilution.

Good that you are getting it done but I wouldn't ignore the next warning you get :)

Have a read, it's connected to the DPF which you mention. It sounds like like you might have already had the balancer shafts replaced - again these bearings won't like diluted oil.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's just been one thing after another so I wasn't sure when to take notice or if it was another fault but I will get it booked in and get it sorted, thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it. Just wish I could send the car back as much as I love it 馃檲

Registered
2020, D180, standard
If you make short trips a diesel is not a good idea, you will have DPF problems, it would have to be gasoline, the most problems that are not engine is bad luck, If you cannot change the car, test if it is automatic put it in S mode and drive it happy, between 2000 and 2500 RPM.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. The car gets motorway mileage, it was blocked up, just unlucky with it really. Its a manual not automatic, i should have got an automatic

Registered
2020, D180, standard
If it is not automatic better, the car will not decide in which gear to go since it always changes very low RPM, the advice is the same RPM between 2000 and 2500

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats great, thank you for the information. I'll keep an eye on that 馃槉

Super Moderator
If the car says it needs a service, then it needs a service! The 2.0 ltr diesel Ingenium engine is the worst engine ever to be put in a car. My Jaguar needs a service every 12 months (or 15k miles I think it is) but it鈥檚 a 3 ltr V6, and it had its second service at only 8k miles. If the mechanic told you a service is not needed after 2 years on a 2.0 2019 Evoque, then he needs sacking!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, sorry, it was at 12 months they said it doesn't need a service

Super Moderator
Fair comment but as Hmmm said, the DPF & oil dilution is a serious subject on those engines, failing to act on possible oil dilution can have very expensive catastrophic effects on the engine. The dealer should help & advise, not fob off. It鈥檚 not like them to miss a chance to take your money! On the other hand they could of been trying to save you money, Which is highly unlikely

Registered
Were " They " the Landrover Garage ? The "mechanic" the Landrover mechanic?
Veteran is quite correct. If your car says it needs a service it does.
My 150 manual has done 13000 miles now and it says it wants its first oil change in 4100 miles , and its service at 17100 miles. I do live in the countryside though and do little urban driving.
( You don't need an Sludge pump Automatic....The manuals are just fine.;) )

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible

Registered
Mine had its foc oil change when it was just over a year old. I don鈥檛 remember the mileage at the time, although I did post it in an answer to someone. I think it might have been @ 12k or so.
I also had the balance shaft replaced within the first year as the bearings were whining, possibly linked to the oil dilution.

Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
Mine got an oil/filter change at 9500 miles FOC by dealer

Super Moderator
I didn鈥檛 keep either of mine long enough to need a service. Though the 2nd one did need to go in for a forced regeneration - also to have the fuel tank shield replaced FOC due to rust after about 18 months from new.

Super Moderator
Don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 all negative though, they are lovely cars. Comfortable and nice to drive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts