Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, believe we will pick up the evoke tomorrow, fitted with 20" black alloys. We have the option of Tyre and wheel insurance at £499. 00 for 3yrs. Is this expensive? If you have insurance that you've found on the internet cheaper, have they proved to be good?Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This is waaaaaaaay too expensive!
This is where main dealers make a lot of their money.

I paid £90 for three years!
I used a company called Shortfall insurance.
I used them for scratch and dent too (£210)

I used gap insurance (sponsor) for my gap cover.
You get forum discount too.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes thanks, picked it up today, well the wife did, and I'm thinking about the insurances. I thought it expensive. Have you claimed on the alloy insurance, and had no problems?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Claimed on the scratch insurance - wife reversed into a bollard and scratched the bumper.
Process was seamless - called, paid the excess and then the guy came out to repair th car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They only cover up to 6mth old vehicles. but I've been quoted by Cover2cover ins £142 wheel ins and £240 for tyre cover, both for 3yr period. Sounds good, any one had cover or dealings with this company?

·
10,626 Posts
I have/had my GAP with them, company they used have gone into Liquidation, quite a complicated mess.

Just read the info on their website carefully, as I assume they are using different insurers now.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
We got the wheel and tyre insurance either heavily discounted or thrown in as part of the deal. The last time we claimed for a scuffed alloy was in 2010. In September I kerbed the N.S.F. and claimed under the insurance but 2 weeks later Mrs OG caught the N.S.R. I was too embarrassed to claim again so got my local dealers (Colchester) to get it repaired using the same guys. It only cost £66. The trouble with the 20" black rims is that any scuff stands out really bad. You might want to try bargaining with your dealer to see if you can get any of the options thrown in. Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To late, got the car mid week. It was a fair deal, so I'm not complaining.Damaging the black wheels is a bit daunting, never covered with ins before, had 20' on our last car and it wasn't an issue, but they weren't black

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
All these insurances are only good if you ever need/use them. I never had wheel cover until fairly recently as I had never scuffed a wheel in 42+ years of driving, so on my last new Evoque I didnt bother taking that particular insurance again and....yes you guessed it, caught the rear near side wheel on a kerb exiting a very narrow car park only a few days afterwards.

Fortunately the damage was very minor and I painted it in myself with some gloss paint. It was barely noticeable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts