Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new Evoque owner and really liking the car but currently working through a few teething issues!! It’s a 2013 pure tech.

First off car had a new battery fitted by garage not long after I got it due to low battery warning on the screen. I’ve just had the rear drivers side door lock fail and it’s due to go in next week to get that sorted but doesn’t seem to be causing any issues except for being a bit of a pain.

The car also had a knackered spare key that I put a fresh battery and a new case on and have been using since.

The main issue I’m having is with the alarm. It has never gone off at random during the night or anything like that - but I’m having occasional issues when locking/unlocking. Started with alarm going off, and not stopping when pressing unlock button. It would only stop by getting into the car and starting the engine. Every single time it shows as ‘Panic Button’ as the reason for the alarm. Today it did it again, but wouldn’t open the doors for a good two minutes when pressing unlock button. When it did open it wouldn’t let me start the engine and said smart key not found, it would only start when placing the key under steering column. Equally a lot of the time I have no issues at all. Ive noticed something that seems to almost guarantee this happening and that’s if I don’t lock the car before the 2(?ish)min timeout when everything clicks off - that definitely seems to play a factor. Like today I sat in the car for a while before getting out and had issues

Does this sound like it could just be a bad key (despite having fresh battery/case)? The reason for the alarm being ‘Panic Button’ every single time (never a door or boot/bonnet) makes me think the key is at fault and just going haywire?

Curious to hear your guys thoughts and whether anyone has had this before. I’ve now switched over to the original key given to me and will see if it continues

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had a similar set of problems. JLR eventually diagnosed a prt that needs replacing and two new transponders( smartkeys). total price was 1251 euros. A real pain!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, just wanted to post an update in case anyone comes across this post in the future! Kingsley - that sucks! I think I might have dodged a bullet...

Having swapped over to my other key fob it has been absolutely perfect. I pulled apart the key that was causing me issues and checked battery voltage which was fine and generally appears to be in good condition (no corrosion etc). I’m thinking it’s either a fried board on the fob or the new case I put it in (not genuine LR) was applying pressure in some way to the ‘panic’ button and hence the alarm triggers. Hope this helps someone in the future...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Nice post, I am sure others will (hopefully) remember this when the same problem happens to them.

BTW Welcome to the forum. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts