Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a dripping coming from under the car but it seems to be clear water. My aircom has been on for quite a few days and wondered if this is the reason. I am not losing fluid or coolant. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,975 Posts
Hi and welcome. It's probably what you said. Just the air con.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Agree with XZ4 it will be the air con nothing to worry about

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It's condensation that's all

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'd be worried if I DIDN'T get any condensate draining out as it has to go somewhere. If the drain gets blocked, it'll usually overflow and make your footwell damp.

We have air con in our lounge and collect the condensate (to water the garden with) and it's quite surprising just how much water gets taken out of the air.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I have airconditioning (well, dehumidifiers!) in my garages and it is amazing how much water these things take out of the atmosphere!I have mine permanently plumbed in (or should I say out!).

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
After living in both the Middle East and the Caribbean...constant water dripping from the car or house air conditioning is totally normal ....just we don't get much experience of it here

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
the beast said:
After living in both the Middle East and the Caribbean...constant water dripping from the car or house air conditioning is totally normal ....just we don€„¢t get much experience of it here
We do beastie but the dripping is usually from burst pipes lol

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
the beast said:
After living in both the Middle East and the Caribbean...constant water dripping from the car or house air conditioning is totally normal ....just we don€„¢t get much experience of it here
Beastie your a well traveled lady

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Yep......and many more on my bucket list

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
That's because she so young

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,975 Posts

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Deluded (again!)

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'd be worried if I DIDN'T get any condensate draining out as it has to go somewhere. If the drain gets blocked, it'll usually overflow and make your footwell damp....
Where exactly is the drain outlet? Just noticed a leak under mine today after a 20 minute drive with aircon on - hoping its that
20 sec Video of it here >>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts