Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Range rover evoque 2012 2.2sd4 dynamic, pan roof,sat nav, reverse camera, electric memory seats, hea
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys hope everyone is well.

Can anyone help with this issue in determining what it could be.

When the air con or heater is turned on I am getting this noise, the aircon blows cold and heater warm as they should do but I get this noise. From moving my phone around in the cabin it actually sounds louder when i get closer to the drivers door speaker? I am at a loss, help and advice welcome from anyone as always is greatly appreciated. Link to the problem below and the noise begins at around 17 seconds onwards as I move my phone closer to the heating vent and speaker.

Regards
Danielle

·
Registered
2012 sd4 prestige lux, black pack, tech pack, cold climate pack
29 Posts
Owning the rr now for 3 weeks, have the exact same noise....
I think it's te blower motor?

·
Registered
Range rover evoque 2012 2.2sd4 dynamic, pan roof,sat nav, reverse camera, electric memory seats, hea
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Owning the rr now for 3 weeks, have the exact same noise....
I think it's te blower motor?
Thanks for the reply, I thought that but then given that the noise is possibly coming through the speaker is it possible that it is a grounding issue, and the normal in motion noise that the hvac system would make is somehow been made audible through the speaker due to incorrect grounding? I just want to try and diagnose before paying out on parts that may not require replacement. The noise is like a whistle/siren type noise

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's like the wind blowing when the window open a tiny bit?
I still think it is the bearing of the blower motor.
August the 4th mine RRE is going to the dealer for the 80k service, new tow bar electrics and they will look at the noise

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else had this before? Or knows what it could be?

·
Registered
29 Posts
When i push or pull at the door (card), there is a change in sound. So could be the door seals?
The rubbers are all ok, no damage visible.. when blower motor turned idd, it's gone as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i push or pull at the door (card), there is a change in sound. So could be the door seals?
The rubbers are all ok, no damage visible.. when blower motor turned idd, it's gone as well.
Could you upload a video clip of how yours sounds to compare?

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
have you tried moving the Balance/Fade around to see if you can affect the sound?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have you tried moving the Balance/Fade around to see if you can affect the sound?
Thanks for the reply, no I haven't tried that. Like I say it sounds like the noise gets louder as I get closer to the speaker but the stereo volume is turned down completely. It's a strange one this

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
Remember the suppressor you had to put over the points to stop electrical noise getting into the radio!

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
29 Posts
When the radio is shut down, the noise is still there.
I will try to upload a video tomorrow

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You might have a ghost 🤔😳

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
Doesn't sounds like it coming through the Electrics then, last resort is to disconnect the speakers to eliminate it, maybe it is just a resonance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can't make a video today, stillat work :confused: but sound stays still the same with engine off, and blower on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Made a video with the telephone, but i can't get it up here 😕

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have the car back from the dealer, the noise is gone!
Behind the doorcard is a steel plate with a lot of extra holes in it. There should be a piece of tape on every hole, mine were all missing.
They taped them up, and i'm happy :cool:

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
@Rangie110 Pleased to hear you've got it sorted (y)

Thanks for updating the thread - so many people don't bother :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just hope it helps Danielle and maybe some other members.
Car has been fully checked by the dealer, there verdict: it's a verry nice and good car. 😇

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the update, my problem is still pending at present, .. on a separate note my friend has a evoque reserved for viewing and I have told her about topix and looking up the spec etc, only thing she cannot see on there is the colour of the seats? Should this information be on there?

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,892 Posts
...on a separate note my friend has a evoque reserved for viewing and I have told her about topix and looking up the spec etc, only thing she cannot see on there is the colour of the seats? Should this information be on there?
Looking at my TOPIx spec it's not clear, but I think that might be due to all the abbreviations they use!
I have an all black leather interior with ivory headliner and see this:
I/P FAC CNTRST-EBONY/EBONY
IVORY HEADLINER

I'm not sure what I/P FAC is? Have a closer read of your spec in case you can see something hidden in there :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts