Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a 2017 dynamic lux with adaptive dynamics.
i think the lights are xenons and a big boy stereo lol

looking at a 2020 r-dynamic hse
has anyone had dynamics before and wish added on a new one ?
meridian surround is it as Good as my lux ?
lights - are the premium led as good as my xenon ?
whats difference between premium and matrix lights ?

thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
I added dynamics on my first one (2012) which really helped in the twisty bits.
The new one has new suspension from previously but it does firm things up if you are pushing on so I specced it this time as well.
I've got the 380 Meridian which is really good but some like the bigger banger 800 watt job.
The LED's are better in my opinion than xenons.
Very crisp white light.
I have the premium as the Matrix were another £750 and again in my opinion it's a bit of a gimmick.
The blurb says this:

"The Matrix LED headlights with Signature DRL enable an Adaptive Driving Beam. By splitting the main beam into vertical strips, the adaptive beam maximises the number of high beam sections for ultimate visibility, while casting a shadow over oncoming traffic to help to prevent dazzling. The adaptive beam is also able to optimise the light distribution to suit the driving conditions of town, country, motorway or bad weather."

·
Registered
52 Posts
We have Matrix LED with Adaptive Driving Beam and they are brilliant. We have Bendy Xenon’s on the XC60 and Full LED on the V40 T5. The Matrix LED penetrates as far as Xenon’s when you are at speed and the adaptive turns the wick up on the main beam. In traffic the vertical stirp system works well masking oncoming traffic and proceeding traffic. It is better than Volvo’s Full LED system which has a sharp defined cutoff at the edges, the wider diffusion of the Matrix LED lets see past those edges and acts more like a Xenon.

·
Super Moderator
2,311 Posts
I had a Matrix LED car follow me in the Dark the other day (Not JLR)... F..k they were bright and dazzling, even with my Mirrors dimmed over they were way too bright, and the matrix keeps flicking around when cars come the other way which is very distracting, had to hold my hand over the rear view mirror, if there had been a safe place to stop I would have pulled over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts